2018/05/18 16:09:35
Killswitch24
Hey guys, first post (I think, I've been looking around forever...). Unbeknownst to myself, I was destined to go all out with my lastest build and enter in to some new territory. With the whole VGA shortage that hasn't slackened until late, I spent a little more than I wanted to and picked up a 1080 ti K|NGP|N from EVGA a few months ago. I had already put an NZXT Kraken X62 on my i7-8700k, but with such a killer card, the custom watercooling itch was beginning to take over all of my idle thoughts.

With the EVGA HC add-on becoming a thing of the past, the Bykski full GPU block, only sold in China, was about my only option. I found it on Ali-express for sub $100 and it sat in my closet for a few long weeks until I built up the courage to try my hand at a full custom loop. Once I spec'd all the parts, made sure it would all fit (NZXT S340 Elite), and picked my jaw up off the floor from the sticker shock, the fun began.

Honestly, I really enjoyed bending the PETG as it really brings some artistic satisfaction to the build. I completely remade a few pipes after I got the hang of it and stopped overheating the tubing and I might go back and remake the GPU to rad pipe one day. It's working and leak-free so I can't ask for much better on my first build.

Beyond the Byski RGB GPU block, it's mostly EKWB parts and Primochill pipes and fittings.

As for the real reason for the thread, I am quite satisfied with the Bykski block. It came with all the thermal padding you could need and more hardware than necessary because the K|NGP|N already comes with a nice back plate. So far, I haven't pushed it much because I'm pretty new to OC'ing considering I actually have some parts worth ramping up. Preliminary results are interesting at stock speeds and moderate gaming (Skyrim... I know, go ahead and laugh, but this game usually comes back around for me every few years). My CPU runs a tad warmer than the Kraken kept it, up in the 40-45C range. The GPU doesn't even know it's on compared to before on air. Before it would stay around 65C in the GPU but now, I'm lucky to see above 40C. Power and Memory are mostly the same as before, maybe slightly cooler ~50-55C. I know this is no benchmark or specific test by any means, I just thought I would share my experience and open the door to learn even more than what I've already collected.

Thanks for looking and thanks to all of the advice and wisdom on this forum!
2018/05/18 16:39:19
Cool GTX
moving to  Overclocking, Cooling and Benchmarking
2018/05/18 16:42:29
Cool GTX
You need to make a Mods Rig page for that build

https://www.modsrigs.com/myBuild.aspx

https://secure.evga.com/portal/login.aspx

Uses the SAME Username & Password that you have for your Forums account

2018/05/18 16:42:37
Vlada011
Great computer, look really cool, I like white LED and eventually Red sometimes.

2018/05/18 16:44:04
JacobB
That's a great build! I love the white LEDs with the red. It looks very clean.
2018/05/18 23:08:54
Vlada011
EVGATech_JacobB

Me to, I just thought that similar CPU cooler would be perfect for EVGA X299 Dark.
I build first watercooling with soft tubes, until new NVIDIA series show up, than I will try hard tubing.
That will not be problem because in my country is so rear watercooling parts that people could sell compression fittings, radiators for almost same price as new one. And I will need only 8 compression fittings for Hard Tubes.
I want to try all kind of tubes, except stainless steal. I'm not sure I have skill to build that.
For me nicest are Norprene, but not 16/10. 13/10 Norprene.
2018/05/19 10:28:05
JacobB
Vlada011
EVGATech_JacobB

Me to, I just thought that similar CPU cooler would be perfect for EVGA X299 Dark.
I build first watercooling with soft tubes, until new NVIDIA series show up, than I will try hard tubing.
That will not be problem because in my country is so rear watercooling parts that people could sell compression fittings, radiators for almost same price as new one. And I will need only 8 compression fittings for Hard Tubes.
I want to try all kind of tubes, except stainless steal. I'm not sure I have skill to build that.
For me nicest are Norprene, but not 16/10. 13/10 Norprene.

I've been wanting to look into glass tubing for a while, but I don't know if I'd like using a lot of fittings. I also am a bit worrisome of having something so easy to break for tubing.
2018/05/19 13:09:55
Vlada011
Hardest part is to estimate what you want with them. 
I looked guy when build with PEG tubes, with heat gun, it's not hard at all.
For glass tubes and stainless steal is different. Many fittings, many rotary adapters, angled adapters...
I like when loop is build with flat pipes only, but a lot of more money need.
You need to have access to online store very close to you just in case if you need something more to arrive for 1-2-3 days. 
When I upgrade GPU I will use that PEG tubes, same red coolant and white LED.
That's color of my favorite football team, red and white.

2018/05/30 02:17:29
Y3didya
Can you give us an update on how the Bykski cooler performs and how the quality is and how it behaves now after some time in use? :) Thank you!
2018/05/30 18:56:51
Killswitch24
Y3didya
Can you give us an update on how the Bykski cooler performs and how the quality is and how it behaves now after some time in use? :) Thank you!

I have been working through some 140mm fan troubles on my front rad for the past few weeks that I believe have now been resolved. I will update once I get some more real world time with the system in full working order.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account