• Software
  • Windows Updates successes and/or problems thread (p.83)
2022/03/09 05:34:51
Bobmitch
Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (22000.556)  All good to go!
Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (19044.1566)  All good here as well!

Pretty smooth updating
2022/03/11 07:19:02
bdary
No issue's on Win10 or Win11 after a couple days of running.
2022/03/22 22:22:21
XrayMan

Cumulative Update - March 22, 2022—KB5011543 (OS Builds 19042.1620, 19043.1620, and 19044.1620) Preview

March 22, 2022—KB5011543 (OS Builds 19042.1620, 19043.1620, and 19044.1620) Preview (microsoft.com)

No problems.
2022/03/23 06:07:17
Bobmitch

No issues to report
2022/03/29 08:13:59
Bobmitch
Windows 11 Pro 21H2 (22000.593)  

KB5011563.

Highlights

• New! Displays up to three high-priority toast notifications simultaneously. This feature is for apps that send notifications for calls, reminders, or alarms using Windows notifications in the OS. As a result, up to four toast notifications might appear simultaneously–three-high priority notifications and one normal priority notification.
  • Updates an issue that might cause a Microsoft OneDrive file to lose focus after you rename it and press the Enter key. When a file loses focus, you have to select it again before you can use it.
  • Returns the corresponding Settings page when you search for the word widgets.
Improvements
This non-security update includes quality improvements. Key changes include:

• New! Displays up to three high-priority toast notifications simultaneously. This feature is for apps that send notifications for calls, reminders, or alarms using Windows notifications in the OS. As a result, up to four toast notifications might appear simultaneously–three high-priority notifications and one normal priority notification.
  • Addresses an issue that turns off auto-startup for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps after you upgrade the OS.
  • Addresses an issue that causes SystemSettings.exe to stop working.
  • Addresses an issue that affects searchindexer.exe and prevents Microsoft Outlook’s offline search from returning recent emails.
  • Addresses an issue that increases the startup time for Windows. This issue occurs because a UI thread in a networking API stops responding when a 5G wireless wide area network (WWAN) device is slow to wake up.
  • Addresses a memory leak in the wmipicmp.dll module that causes a lot of false alarms in the System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) datacenter monitoring system.
  • Addresses an issue that incorrectly returns the Execution Policy settings from the registry.
  • Addresses an issue in which modern browsers fail to correctly render HTML that is generated by gpresult/h.
  • Addresses an issue that causes an “Access denied” exception for a file during a PowerShell test for AppLocker.
  • Addresses an issue that causes the Remote Desktop Service (RDS)server to become unstable when the number of signed in users exceeds 100. This prevents you from accessing published applications using RDS on Windows Server 2019.
  • Addresses an issue that returns an error message when you browse for a domain or organizational unit (OU). This issue occurs because of improper zeroing out of memory.
  • Addresses an issue that causes the Group Policy Management Console to stop working after you close it. The system logs Application Error Event ID 1000 and the error, 0xc0000005 (STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION); the failing module is GPOAdmin.dll.
  • Addresses an issue that might cause the Group Policy Service to stop processing telemetry information for Group Policy Registry Preferences.
  • Addresses a stop error (0xD1, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) in the DirectX kernel component.
  • Addresses an issue that might cause Kerberos.dll to stop working within the Local Security Authority Subsystem Service (LSASS). This occurs when LSASS processes simultaneous Service for User (S4U) user-to-user (U2U) requests for the same client user.
  • Addresses an issue that affects the Key Distribution Center (KDC) Proxy. The KDC Proxy cannot properly obtain Kerberos tickets for signing in to Key Trust Windows Hello for Business.
  • Adds support for Microsoft Account (MSA) Pass-through scenarios in Azure Active Directory(AAD) Web Account Manager (WAM).
  • Addresses an issue that logs Event ID 37 during certain password change scenarios, including failover cluster name object (CNO) or virtual computer object (VCO) password changes.
  • Addresses an issue that prevents the User Account Control (UAC) dialog from correctly showing the application that is requesting elevated privileges.
  • Addresses an issue that might cause a Microsoft OneDrive file to lose focus after you rename it and press the Enter key.
  • Returns the corresponding Settings page when you search for the word widgets.
  • Addresses an issue that prevents Event 4739 from displaying the new values of certain attributes after a policy change.
  • Addresses an issue that causes the Move-ADObject command to fail when you move computer accounts across domains. The error message is, “Multiple values were specified for an attribute that can have only one value”.
  • Addresses an issue that prevents you from accessing Server Message Block (SMB) shares using an IP Address when SMB hardening is enabled.
  • Addresses an issue that causes stop error 0x1E in the SMB Server (srv2.sys).
  • Addresses an issue that causes a mismatch between NetBIOS and DNS Active Directory domain names when you create a cluster.

2022/03/29 08:21:41
Nereus

My daughter's Windows 10 Home o/s updated itself to Windows 11 Home without asking (I know she didn't approve it because it's on a family account, so she doesn't have authority to approve it, and I definitely didn't approve it). Not impressed with that. The o/s is ok, just not impressed it didn't even ask. On W10pro it's an optional upgrade.

2022/03/30 04:57:04
yodap
Nereus

My daughter's Windows 10 Home o/s updated itself to Windows 11 Home without asking (I know she didn't approve it because it's on a family account, so she doesn't have authority to approve it, and I definitely didn't approve it). Not impressed with that. The o/s is ok, just not impressed it didn't even ask. On W10pro it's an optional upgrade.

That’s odd and also good to know. I take care of a couple of elderly friends boxes and this will ruin their day and maybe mine if it happens to them. 
My win10 home rigs are on unsupported hardware so they will be okay.
Why does MS do this to unsuspecting souls?

2022/03/30 07:24:17
bdary
No issue's after the update yesterday to 21H2 (22000.593) here.
2022/03/30 22:59:12
XrayMan

No update was available for my Win 10 PC.
2022/04/04 18:48:25
XrayMan

KB4023057: Update for Windows Update Service components

Summary

This update includes reliability improvements to Windows Update Service components in all editions of Windows 10, version 1507, 1511, 1607, 1703, 1709, 1803, 1809, 1903, 1909, 2004, 20H2, 21H1, 21H2, and Windows 11 (original release). It may take steps to free up disk space on your device if you do not have enough disk space to install Windows updates.
This update includes files and resources that address issues that affect the update processes in Windows that may prevent important Windows updates from being installed. These improvements help make sure that updates are installed seamlessly on your device, and they help improve the reliability and security of devices that are running Windows.   

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/kb4023057-update-for-windows-update-service-components-fccad0ca-dc10-2e46-9ed1-7e392450fb3a 

No problems.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account