2018/02/05 23:06:04
MargieG
I've set up the OSD, and the overlay works just fine. But I can't get screenshots to work. I created a folder and set up the path as shown in the attachment, but the hotkey doesn't work. Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Attached Image(s)

2018/02/05 23:22:41
Sajin
Try some other keys to see if they fail to work as well.
2018/02/05 23:38:34
MargieG
I've tried a few combinations (Alt + F1, F2, etc and Shift + F1, F2, etc.), but none of them work. I was hoping someone may know a specific combination that does work.
2018/02/06 16:26:04
bob16314
As long as you can see Precision's on-screen display in a game, you should be able to capture a sceenshot.

What you might need to do is after assigning a folder and hotkey/s to capture, click OK, then close the settings..Then open the settings again to be sure the folder and hotkeys remain and are correct..Then start your game and try it..Precision and OSD settings have a problem saving some settings unless manually closed and opened again.

You might be suffering from some amount of Precision-induced keyboard lag in some games which is not uncommon and you need to hold down your hotkey/s a little longer..When I use hotkey combos (Alt + F1, F2, whatever.) I sometimes have to hold down the first hotkey for a second or two before hitting the second one..When using a single hotkey I sometimes have to hold it down for a second or two also or even hit it twice..I'm using Alt + C now.

If Precision which is kinda borked doesn't work well for you capturing screenshots you can try GeForce Experience or Fraps or MSI Afterburner instead of Precision..I'm sure it's nothing you're doing wrong and it's Precision at fault..As with MSI Afterburner, some hotkeys/combos may be reserved and cannot be used.
2018/02/06 23:18:42
MargieG
bob 16314, I couldn't get Precision to take screenshots even after following your suggestions, so I downloaded MSI Afterburner, which works just fine. Thanks very much for your help; it's greatly appreciated.
2018/02/07 02:08:33
bob16314
No problemo..Precision has been kinda buggy and 'a work in progress' after version 4.2.1 when it went from being MSI Afterburner-based.
2020/08/06 18:40:53
redarman
Also unable to take screenshots with Precision X1 V1.0.7 standalone client, I've tried a few different F keys and different save-to directories.
2020/08/07 00:36:09
bob16314
redarman
Also unable to take screenshots with Precision X1 V1.0.7 standalone client, I've tried a few different F keys and different save-to directories.

Always been a problem, still is a problem..Run MSI Afterburner at the same time as Precision and use Afterburner for taking screenshots if you wanna..Game Bar in Windows 10 (press the Windows + G keys) is another option that works well.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account