2019/05/11 19:30:55
f1ss1on
  1. Download latest version from EVGA https://www.evga.com/support/download/
    Located in Other Products / Closed Loop Coolers / Part Number ALL / Type ALL
  2. Go to Start and type in Device Manager
  3. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
  4. Right-click CCVI and uninstall the device. Do not restart yet.
  5. Install the latest version that you downloaded
  6. Restart. At this point when Windows restarts, it will re-install and initialize the Flow Control software and full functionality to the CLC. 

2019/05/12 04:26:02
GObonzo
this solution does not help. immediately after following the steps provided we put the PC to sleep and upon waking the same "Device not found" error occured.
it is a problem with the software itself, not our install methods.
doing a total restart the software usually runs correctly, as it did this time.
it is still a recurring problem more often upon waking from sleep & hibernate modes.
2019/05/12 08:04:39
f1ss1on
So after re-reading your post, I think it is a prob with your mb. The reason I say this is because you also had an issue with the Corsair cooler. I have 4 different CLC coolers from EVGA. All of them run fine on chipsets from X299, Z370, and Z390.

How old is your mb? Have you updated your chipset? BIOS? If so, Maybe you can RMA the mb.
2019/05/12 20:18:44
GObonzo
there is multiple users on multiple forums, with multiple threads on some of these forums pertaining to the same problem. all complaining about the same wake issue with "Device not found" errors. many have wasted their money purchasing new motherboards because people like f1ss1on keep recommending this as a solution. most claim the issue still persists with their new motherboard(s). many have replaced the USB cable and tried new USB ports, issue still persists.

do not listen to these people claiming it is an issue with the customer's hardware. it is definitely EVGA's software causing the problem or it would not be such a widespread issue across so many different platforms.
2019/12/24 14:20:25
rekreant359
This issue is still active. I just installed a 360mm rad in my brand new 3800x build, with a brand new x570 motherboard, and starting this morning Ive been getting this error, and Ive noticed it disconnects and reconnects usb often. I have verified the connectors are properly seated, the software is installed properly, and I never use hibernation or sleep. I was able to make the error go away by uninstalling and reinstalling, but already Ive noticed it do the connect disconnect thing.

Heres the thing, its a brand new computer and no other USBs are having issues. Granted, the CLC cooler plugs into a mobo header, but all my other headers work fine as do my USB ports.

My major question / concern is how important is it even to have the USB plugged in. I know thats how we get PWM control, but how differently does it  function if you dont have it plugged in? The instructions expressly say you can do that but they recommend plugging it in.

*Casts Necromancy*
2020/01/31 16:20:37
walksonpoo
The issue is still a problem. Was working without issue, restarted my PC and now its device not found.
2020/04/22 19:09:17
nunnimaker2012
any fixes on the issue of usb device not found? i just got a 360 clc and installed it in my new dg76 case and was able to register my products and get all of the software downloaded for the case, but the clc is not found, checked connections, tried swapping usb slots on my mb, thats not the issue, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, nothing, uninstalled and reset the pc in hopes of drivers being installed automatically, nothing. i seen on another forum that it may just be a faulty clc since it never has worked for me.
2020/04/23 14:26:10
EVGA_Lee
nunnimaker2012
any fixes on the issue of usb device not found? i just got a 360 clc and installed it in my new dg76 case and was able to register my products and get all of the software downloaded for the case, but the clc is not found, checked connections, tried swapping usb slots on my mb, thats not the issue, uninstalled drivers, reinstalled, nothing, uninstalled and reset the pc in hopes of drivers being installed automatically, nothing. i seen on another forum that it may just be a faulty clc since it never has worked for me.

You may need to make sure the Fan header connected to the pump is not underpowering the CLC.  Go into your motherboard BIOS, make sure the fan header connected to the CLC is set to 100% or Max (not Auto or SMART Fan), save, restart, then check again.
2020/04/23 15:05:48
nunnimaker2012
i forgot to mention, i did go into my bios and change from dc to pwm as well as set at 100% for the header that i have it plugged into, rebooted and didnt' work, i have went through and changed the power settings for the usb devices which i had seen on other forums, nothing, i've troubleshooted all the way down to updating my bios and checked that my header the clc is plugged into was set at 100% rebooted and nothing, my last ditch thought was that it may just be a faulty cooler? i have seen quite a few forums where they said they have troubleshot the issue forever and ended up returning like i did, since amazon is so easy to exchange from i now have another one should be here tomorrowow.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account