2018/01/02 14:30:53
joao.pl.vicente
Hi guys,

I am having the same issue...
Followed all possible guides to fix it but still no progress! After installed Hybrid Kit, everytime I open the PXOC the computer freezes, black screen until I restart it again... small increments like +1 Mhz is enought to crash.

Stock speeds everything is fine, bench without crash or artifacts, plays well...

DO you guys have any other info regards this topic?

Cheers 

p.s - I used Afterburn and Nvidia Inspector but also crashed every small OC.
2018/01/02 17:52:44
Zaruchen
I had this issue with one of my RMAd cards where it refused to run more than 780 mv and anything changed to the card like fans or clocks will freeze
2018/01/05 12:08:51
hopk2621
Hey guys,

I am having the exact same issues. Just installed the hybrid kit yesterday. Uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers. Core clock is stuck at the exact speed mentioned by the poster and any attempt to OC will cause a freeze or crash. I can OC memory, but not core clock. Stock it is fine and works with any of the games I'm playing, but maxes out at 1569Mhz. Any advice? RMA?

Thanks
2018/01/05 12:23:15
HeavyHemi
hopk2621
Hey guys,

I am having the exact same issues. Just installed the hybrid kit yesterday. Uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers. Core clock is stuck at the exact speed mentioned by the poster and any attempt to OC will cause a freeze or crash. I can OC memory, but not core clock. Stock it is fine and works with any of the games I'm playing, but maxes out at 1569Mhz. Any advice? RMA?

Thanks

Did you reinstall the stock cooler and the GPU operates correctly?
2018/01/05 12:35:23
hopk2621
Not yet. I just discovered this issue after installing the kit last night. That would be the next logical step to determine whether anything was damaged during the installation. I'll do that and see if it still works as well as it did before.
2018/01/05 15:32:33
HeavyHemi
hopk2621
Not yet. I just discovered this issue after installing the kit last night. That would be the next logical step to determine whether anything was damaged during the installation. I'll do that and see if it still works as well as it did before.

It could be coincidence...but nearly identical issues when installing the same mod on the same product makes one wonder if there isn't a fitment problem where something is making electrical contact where it should not.
2018/01/05 20:29:32
AHowes
HeavyHemi
hopk2621

It could be coincidence...but nearly identical issues when installing the same mod on the same product makes one wonder if there isn't a fitment problem where something is making electrical contact where it should not.

You totally right.. someone screwed up on the design. Something is touching something it shouldn't.
2018/01/07 10:55:19
hopk2621
HeavyHemi
hopk2621

Could the voltage be the problem? Here is a screenshot taken from GPU-Z while running the Heaven benchmark and it shows the 1569 MHz limit mentioned above.

2018/01/07 11:03:01
HeavyHemi
hopk2621
HeavyHemi
hopk2621

Could the voltage be the problem? Here is a screenshot taken from GPU-Z while running the Heaven benchmark and it shows the 1569 MHz limit mentioned above.

Yes, your VDDC (essentially GPU core voltage) should be ~1v or higher under load.
2018/01/09 21:26:36
greekie
Same thing is happening with me.

I reinstalled the shroud three times, as well as the back plate. Temps are great, games run great, but as soon as I load up PXOC or Afterburner, system locks up.

I installed the original heatsink and still suffering the same symptoms. 

I guess its just time to RMA :(

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account