2018/01/22 22:16:31
navyguy3117
EVGATech_rayH

Will this help the user who was basically refused an RMA because a pointless plastic click cracked? (you know the fan header that wouldn't cause this issue after installing the hybrid cooler)?
2018/01/23 14:58:21
jedmund
I'm having similar problems with my two 1080Ti FTW3s which have Hybrid Kits installed on them. If I change anything in Precision XOC, the entire system freezes up.

Am I correct that EVGA is RMAing cards for these issues now?
2018/01/23 15:07:12
hopk2621
jedmund
I'm having similar problems with my two 1080Ti FTW3s which have Hybrid Kits installed on them. If I change anything in Precision XOC, the entire system freezes up.

Am I correct that EVGA is RMAing cards for these issues now?

They are doing RMAs, but it might be likely that this is an issue with all kits so an RMA may now fix the issue. Although, this has not yet been determined.
2018/01/24 05:57:45
atomicvai
Yeah, and I was advised not to reinstall the hybrid cooler until their engineers figure out what's going on.
2018/01/24 06:04:14
mark_thaddeus
Can anyone link where EVGA says that they need to figure out the hybrid cooler first? I just bought one and would want some solid help here before deciding if I try to install it or not!
2018/01/24 06:26:17
tech73x
I would have to hold off if it was me on the cooler. Reading through this post and re-watching the Gamers Nexus teardown, something is way wrong with the kit.
2018/01/24 06:33:25
navyguy3117
mark_thaddeus
Can anyone link where EVGA says that they need to figure out the hybrid cooler first? I just bought one and would want some solid help here before deciding if I try to install it or not!

I would hold off on it. When I was on the phone with tech support he told me I was the first case he heard of someone having issues with the kit but this thread states otherwise. My shipping labels should be here tomorrow so I can mail my card and the cooler kit back to EVGA for RMA. I have had the card less than a month. Purchased it while card prices have been jacked up so I am disappointed, to say the least.
2018/01/24 06:42:57
mark_thaddeus
tech73x
I would have to hold off if it was me on the cooler. Reading through this post and re-watching the Gamers Nexus teardown, something is way wrong with the kit.

The Gamers Nexus tear-down was just for the air cooler of the FTW3 (PCB review right?). They also installed a Frankenstein AIO setup on theirs so it doesn't have any bearing on this. What made you think it has any connection to this issue (honest question man)?

2018/01/24 07:00:21
navyguy3117
mark_thaddeus
tech73x

The Gamers Nexus tear-down was just for the air cooler of the FTW3 (PCB review right?). They also installed a Frankenstein AIO setup on theirs so it doesn't have any bearing on this. What made you think it has any connection to this issue (honest question man)?

You should go back through this thread, The video linked is of the FTW3 sold with the hybrid cooler tear down. That's all they do is tear it down and look at it not a Frankenstein build. In the teardown, there are a couple differences on the card with the cooler from the factory compared to the cooler kits sold. Like the shim and the fact the pump is installed differently. And most all who bought the kit are having the same issue. The video is on the third or 4th page in this thread with the thumbnail showing the shim. 
2018/01/24 07:03:13
mark_thaddeus
navyguy3117

You should go back through this thread, The video linked is of the FTW3 sold with the hybrid cooler tear down. That's all they do is tear it down and look at it not a Frankenstein build. In the teardown, there are a couple differences on the card with the cooler from the factory compared to the cooler kits sold. Like the shim and the fact the pump is installed differently. And most all who bought the kit are having the same issue. The video is on the third or 4th page in this thread with the thumbnail showing the shim. 

Thank you for the correction and heads up on where the video is! I will go check it out!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account