2018/01/21 17:06:52
KarmNelis

have you tried MSI afterburner?
2018/01/21 17:08:12
navyguy3117
Yup, same results after the hybrid was installed.
2018/01/21 17:16:58
KarmNelis
Also, check EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid Tear-Down , we don't have that plate to avoid memory/GPU from being crashed. The screws can't be tightened too much

2018/01/21 18:11:06
AHowes
So your saying the kit people are buying don't have the gpu shim?
2018/01/21 18:19:30
KarmNelis
The hybrid kit doesn't have a GPU shim/plate.
I think all the pressure is pushed against both the GPU and memory. 
The installation manual only has two steps to mount the copper plate. The first is to make copper push against the memory, the second is make the pump head push against the GPU.

Because of no GPU shim with the Hybrid kit, the copper plate is simpler and has fewer screw holes for the shim.

Attached Image(s)

2018/01/21 18:28:36
atomicvai
Yeah good old EVGA said there's no problem with their Hybrid cooler in my conversation with them.  I guess they don't read their own forums.  So if I want to return it I have to pay to ship it back and pay a 15% restocking fee... and on top of that, I get to pay to ship my card back to them for RMA after THEIR OWN aftermarket cooler caused the issues in the first place.

Guess I'll just Ebay the cooler and state "Working as per EVGA".
2018/01/21 18:52:08
AHowes
SilentMarket
The hybrid kit doesn't have a GPU shim/plate.
I think all the pressure is pushed against both the GPU and memory. 
The installation manual only has two steps to mount the copper plate. The first is to make copper push against the memory, the second is make the pump head push against the GPU.

Because of no GPU shim with the Hybrid kit, the copper plate is simpler and has fewer screw holes for the shim.

Ya might of possibly nailed the issue right on the head! Good job!

Edit.. and just to be sure I checked my pics when I removed my cooler to install the ek water block.. nope. No bracket on the card at default either! So no chance of something newer on the ftw3 cards.. mines like 2 months old.

So.. oops. Evga better be notified and stop all ftw3 hybrid kits and fix everyone that got a kit!
2018/01/21 20:15:43
navyguy3117
Yup, My kit did not come with the spacer as well.
2018/01/22 14:09:23
Tech_RayH
Thank you everyone that has posted on this thread. I am gathering all the information that I am seeing from you guys. This issue had not been brought to the attention of our Product Team (to my knowledge). I apologize for anyone who called in and received misinformation, CS had not identified the issue through calls, but once it is in a single thread it is much easier to see. I will forward these issues to our Product Team and I will try to update this thread when we get more information. 
2018/01/22 14:51:41
bezpredel
EVGATech_RayH
Thank you everyone that has posted on this thread. I am gathering all the information that I am seeing from you guys. This issue had not been brought to the attention of our Product Team (to my knowledge). I apologize for anyone who called in and received misinformation, CS had not identified the issue through calls, but once it is in a single thread it is much easier to see. I will forward these issues to our Product Team and I will try to update this thread when we get more information. 

finally they heard us! 
Thank you

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account