2018/01/18 22:54:36
dual109
I have one at home unopened, Ordered it before this problem came to light. Purchased from newegg. I'm going to hangout a little longer and see what comes of this and if I don't hear anything by end of month I'll RMA it.
2018/01/18 22:58:50
dual109
atomicvai
Well I just encountered the same problem.  Install went fine, and now a max 1569 clock.  This is terrible that EVGA would even sell these with so many people having this problem.  Wish I had searched this forum before buying it.  Really disappointed in EVGA.

You shouldn't have to but did you try putting your stock cooler back on?  I know someones clock restored back to normal boost although unfortunately most I've heard haven't when they put stock cooler back
2018/01/19 10:43:38
atomicvai
I would be interested to see how many people this has affected and confront EVGA as a group.  They actively promoted this item with a discount which made me finally consider it.  They did that knowing people are having issues with this.  It's extremely poor business practice on their part and they should be held accountable.  it's an item made by them for their own product, it's not like we've bought some third party cooler.
2018/01/19 15:42:09
KarmNelis
check out if the pump and fan headers are in the supposed position.
The installation manual has a lot of things on it.
And the FTW card is hard to disassemble compared to other cards.

2018/01/20 14:00:45
hopk2621
dual109
atomicvai
Well I just encountered the same problem.  Install went fine, and now a max 1569 clock.  This is terrible that EVGA would even sell these with so many people having this problem.  Wish I had searched this forum before buying it.  Really disappointed in EVGA.

You shouldn't have to but did you try putting your stock cooler back on?  I know someones clock restored back to normal boost although unfortunately most I've heard haven't when they put stock cooler back

Mine did end up going back to normal once I put the stock cooler back on, which shows that it is an issue with the kit. 

In regards to SilentMarket, that was all installed correctly for me and I still had issues.
2018/01/21 15:33:53
navyguy3117
Unfortunately, my card did the same thing. I ordered the 1080TI FTW3 less than a month ago and a week ago I decided to go ahead and do the hybrid cooler. I installed it On Friday night and precision OCX kept crashing and locking up my computer. I replaced my M.2 SSD thinking it was windows and over the weekend reinstalled my OS 3 times trying to resolve this. Today I decided to call EVGA and the rep assured me he had not heard of any issues. I pointed him to this forum and others I found online and we decided to RMA the cooler. We then decided I should put the stock cooler back on and email him with my results. The stock cooler on with new paste and new pads and my issue is still there. So now I am in the process of doing an RMA on the cooler and card. 
2018/01/21 15:35:49
AHowes
Sorry to hear.. be nice if evga recalled the ftw3 cooler and figured were the fail is in the design!
2018/01/21 15:44:49
navyguy3117
The rep called me back to set up the RMA's and gave me all the options. I told him Its kind of shady that I would need to put a deposit down on a cooler and a new 1080ti to have one sent to me ahead of time when there are plenty of complaints about this issue within EVGA's own forums. Anyone have any idea how long it will take to get a turnaround? I already sold my 2 980ti's after I bought this card, 
2018/01/21 16:05:41
KarmNelis
Just saying.  FTW 3 Hybrid 1080Ti's bios is just like a slave bios of FTW3 1080Ti, I flashed the Hybrid bios a month ago and it works. The card was identified as a Hybrid card.
During the initial installation, my FTW3 1080Ti is already switched to the slave bios and the hybrid kit was fine with it. I actually never tested the kit with the default FTW bios.
Maybe try to reinstall the default cooler, switch to the slave bios and test the clock speed. If the card works normally again then reinstall the Hybrid kit under the slave bios.
And there is an LED upgrade from Precision XOC to the hybrid kit after I flashed the Hybrid bios. 

2018/01/21 16:48:38
navyguy3117
 SilentMarket, to note I did attempt both BIOS with the hybrid and the stock cooler after I reinstalled it. both are locked sub 1500 and wont boost even with putting +1Mhz to the core. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account