2018/01/15 09:01:44
bezpredel
Sajin, have any news from evga? about our problem?
Sajin
AHowes
Bad batch going around?

Possibly.

2018/01/15 09:21:16
Sajin
bezpredel

Nope. Still waiting for an evga rep to respond.
2018/01/15 09:23:34
bezpredel
Sajin
bezpredel

Nope. Still waiting for an evga rep to respond.

ok, keep us informed
thanks.
2018/01/15 18:29:20
greekie
Just a heads up - EVGA rep said they will not be able to repair my card, even with a charge. 

The only thing wrong with this card is plastic broke off from the fan connector, but everything still works (well, minus the fact it will not overclock or run above 1569 core clock speeds). 

Unhappy, but part of it is my fault installing this kit 
2018/01/15 18:35:26
jura11
Hi guys

Same issue here, friend installed EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid kit on other card and fans won't work, temperatures on idle are in 36°C but under load they're in 80's, clocks are 1999MHz I think

Thanks, Jura
2018/01/15 18:44:24
AHowes
greekie
Just a heads up - EVGA rep said they will not be able to repair my card, even with a charge. 

The only thing wrong with this card is plastic broke off from the fan connector, but everything still works (well, minus the fact it will not overclock or run above 1569 core clock speeds). 

Unhappy, but part of it is my fault installing this kit 

Well that's ridiculous since you installed a hybrid cooler made by evga.. the 1600mhz part is not your fault and the other broken fan plug housing is also utter ridiculous. We're talking what here? A .05 cent plastic part?? Easy to pull off and slap a new one on without needing to solder?

So if you buy a parts card from eBay and pull the fan plug housing off it and installed it on your card.. Will they still refuse to rma your card?
2018/01/16 04:43:23
bezpredel
today received a reply from the evga. I did not understand what did they mean? development original cooler???

Thank you for coming back and letting us know with more details.
Could you also check again with original cooler and see the development.
We can certainly assist you with RMA in case of only Hybrid cooler issue.
2018/01/16 10:09:57
HeavyHemi
bezpredel
today received a reply from the evga. I did not understand what did they mean? development original cooler???

Thank you for coming back and letting us know with more details.
Could you also check again with original cooler and see the development.
We can certainly assist you with RMA in case of only Hybrid cooler issue.

What they are asking is if you put the original stock cooler back on the GPU, does it operate normally? That's a tough sell as a trouble shooting technique. Most folks don't have extra thermal pads laying around and reusing old ones can be pretty much impossible depending upon which vendor they used. They then are suggesting that if the GPU operates normally on the stock cooler that you RMA the Hybrid cooler.  Looking at the history of this, it doesn't look like replacing the cooler solves the issue after installation of a Hybrid cooler. Having been around awhile, it's my impression EVGA is having some sort of issue with design/Q.A. issues the last couple of years.
2018/01/18 18:30:34
atomicvai
Well I just encountered the same problem.  Install went fine, and now a max 1569 clock.  This is terrible that EVGA would even sell these with so many people having this problem.  Wish I had searched this forum before buying it.  Really disappointed in EVGA.
2018/01/18 18:52:16
AHowes
Ouch.. there goes another ftw3 card! Once agsin.. how many destroyed ftw3 cards till evga recalls and removes the hybrid cooler??

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account