2017/10/10 06:19:37
TimStoll
Hey Guys, I have a problem with the Hybrid Kit for the FTW3. I recently upgraded my FTW3 with the Hybrid Kit and since that, the Precision Software from EVGA is going Crazy... I installed the Kit properly and everything works fine technically but Precision doesn't recognize my Card as a Hybrid. It says it's a FTW3 and when I try to OC the Card to +60 Core the Screen Freeze for about 10-30 seconds and after that the Clock speeds don't get higher as 1569Mhz... I tried both Master and Slave and I have absolutely no clue... the german Support told me to untighten the screws from the Card 'cause this solves about 98% the problems people have. I didn't tighten the screws that hard in the first place... Hope you guys can help me in some way... sry for my german english :D

Attached Image(s)

2017/10/10 06:55:05
DeathAngel74
Has this ever happened before you installed the Hybrid kit?
2017/10/10 06:57:17
TimStoll
Nope... its the first Time ever :/
2017/10/10 09:49:31
bcavnaugh
Remove PXOC and NVIDIA Drivers and Delete the Profile Folder.
Run DDU in Safe Mode and then Install the NVIDIA Driver you want to use restart your PC and Install PXOC and see how they run.
2017/10/10 11:03:43
Sajin
Precision isn't going to recognize your ftw3 card as a ftw3 hybrid card as your current card doesn't have the hybrid vbios loaded to it. I bet your driver crashed and recovered when the screen froze.

When the graphics driver crashes & recovers during a 3d load clocks will get locked to a lower value until you close the 3d app & let the card return to idle clocks (139/405). Sometimes you'll need to reboot the machine to restore normal clocks. 

A unstable overclock can cause the screen to freeze up & the driver to crash & recover. +60 seems to be too high of an overclock for your card. Start with +20 and work your way up in +20 increments.
2017/10/10 12:17:38
Tiffo60
Sajin
Precision isn't going to recognize your ftw3 card as a ftw3 hybrid card as your current card doesn't have the hybrid vbios loaded to it. I bet your driver crashed and recovered when the screen froze.

When the graphics driver crashes & recovers during a 3d load clocks will get locked to a lower value until you close the 3d app & let the card return to idle clocks (139/405). Sometimes you'll need to reboot the machine to restore normal clocks. 

A unstable overclock can cause the screen to freeze up & the driver to crash & recover. +60 seems to be too high of an overclock for your card. Start with +20 and work your way up in +20 increments.

I agree with this guy. My FTW3 will boost to 2025 with just a +25 on the core clock while the temps are below 40c which that lasts about 10 seconds lol. 
2017/10/10 12:21:46
DeathAngel74
My hybrid boosts to 2037 (+50) @1.093v. 1070 sc2 boosts to 2037 +(72) @ 1.081v.
2017/10/10 12:36:22
Ranmacanada
I agree with Sajin.  Your card will NEVER be recognized as a Hybrid because it's not a factory Hybrid.  Period.  As for your clocks, when the driver crashes, all hell breaks loose.  Just because you installed a Hybrid kit doesn't mean you will automagically get a better overclock.  It still comes down to the silicon lottery.  FTW3 is a pretty high clocked card to begin with and is almost at it's max out of the box.  I myself have a 1080Ti Hybrid that is a serious lottery winner as it can run at 2133 stable all day everyday while folding, but when the driver crashes, it gets locked at 1974 and I need to reboot the entire system to get it back to overlcocked values again.  I now run it at only 2075 and since then the driver hasn't crashed in over a month, so it is now truly stable.

2017/10/12 06:05:00
TimStoll
Thanks for your Help guys! It's not about overclocking the Card, it's about PrecisionX. Without ANY changes to the Clocks my Card will not get any higher as 1569Mhz. I have no clue what to do. And when I make only one change with the Tool like +1Mhz to the Core Clock, the Cursor is stuttering and it seems to be a massive input Lag -.-

2017/10/12 07:33:02
TimStoll
Ok so every time I make a Change in the Tool for example only setting the Temp Target to 89° Celsius, the program freezes, black screen, some green and black dots (lol) and then I'm back at my desktop but the highest possible Clocks are 1569Mhz... I also deleted and installed the Nvidia Driver in a complete way (delete folders, registry etc.)... I also switched the PCIe Lane on my MB, but nothing seems to solve the problem -.-

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account