2017/09/30 05:04:42
yatz10
Jacob -- thanks for the reply, I (and I'm sure others) appreciate! 
2017/09/30 12:30:21
quadlatte
i have shyed away from kyle and hardocp for a long time, seen the guy do some hack stuff then complain about when he is the one that caused it. not sure what his beef with evga is, it started when he was a big shill for BFG, think his wittle feeling got hurt that evga destroyed them in product
2017/09/30 13:36:49
Cool GTX
Not sure what the issue [H]ardOCP has exactly, I've read the [H]ardOCP article claiming shenanigans by EVGA, & Overclock.net forums

- [H]ardOCP needs to take a Basic Statistics Class ---> two Data Point, is Not Statistically Significant

- Most PSU, MFG do not seem to announce process changes, tweaks, revisions  (Corsair comes to mind when X99 MB were having Voltage issues)

- MFG do change vendors all the time for many reasons

- OMG price point products are Not as Good as the Top tier, more expensive units

Seems like someone has an axe to grind ? @  [H]ardOCP
2017/09/30 17:00:56
yatz10
if you read the forums over there on this (which i don't recommend, lot of pitchforks etc.), [H] isn't too happy with EVGA since they don't get sampled for reviews anymore.
i have my ups and downs with that site. kyle is a bit abrasive for my taste, but I like the other contributors.
2017/09/30 17:47:01
Sajin
EVGA_JacobF
Please see below:

“EVGA stands behind its full line of products, and the 5-Year Warranty on each B3 power supply demonstrates the confidence EVGA has in the quality and safety of each product shipped. If anyone has questions or concerns, please contact EVGA Customer Service and we are more than happy to assist. In the rare instance that a replacement unit is necessary, EVGA will support with a free Advanced RMA on all EVGA SuperNOVA B3 Power Supplies.

In addition, the EVGA SuperNOVA B3 review samples, as well as the production, were all built at the exact same qualified facility.”

Thanks,
EVGA

2017/09/30 22:38:47
MSim
yatz10
if you read the forums over there on this (which i don't recommend, lot of pitchforks etc.), [H] isn't too happy with EVGA since they don't get sampled for reviews anymore.
i have my ups and downs with that site. kyle is a bit abrasive for my taste, but I like the other contributors.

A company shouldn't be afraid of valid criticism from a review site. I would rather see EVGA send a review sample to [H]OCP, over wasting that samples on someone like 3dgameman, who only does basic overviews. 

2017/10/01 10:13:55
fearpoint
Hardocp is known to be shills and blowhards. Take that for what it is.
2017/10/01 12:55:07
MSim
fearpoint
Hardocp is known to be shills and blowhards. Take that for what it is.

When has [H]OCP been a shill? 

They have spoken out about issues like many other review sites have over the years.

2017/10/01 15:47:48
XrayMan
EVGA_JacobF
Please see below:

“EVGA stands behind its full line of products, and the 5-Year Warranty on each B3 power supply demonstrates the confidence EVGA has in the quality and safety of each product shipped. If anyone has questions or concerns, please contact EVGA Customer Service and we are more than happy to assist. In the rare instance that a replacement unit is necessary, EVGA will support with a free Advanced RMA on all EVGA SuperNOVA B3 Power Supplies.

In addition, the EVGA SuperNOVA B3 review samples, as well as the production, were all built at the exact same qualified facility.”

Thanks,
EVGA

2017/10/01 21:55:00
Ranmacanada
I've had a B700 unit come DOA from Evga, big deal.  I've got 2 B850 units going in dedicated space heaters right now.  I mean what do you expect when you over power these things?  Something is going to fail, and in reality, it will probably fail spectacularly.  I've seen power supplies shoot flames out the back when they fail for heaven's sake.  Ones that weren't even being over powered..thank you emachines.  The fact of the matter is [H] is just looking for page views, and controversy gets page views.  The real story here should be the fact that the cables on the power supply didn't melt, nor did the ends short out, when the unit was subjected to over load.  The internals did their job and protected the equipment.  In the end, that is what a power supply's protection circuits SHOULD do!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account