2020/08/08 12:25:16
HeavyHemi
rdydet
Any chance EVGA will release a fixed bios for the 6797 (FTW3 Elite) that will run the memory at 12G by default?  I have no issues overclocking the memory back +1000 in Afterburner in Windows, I'd like to have it run at the advertised speeds in other OSes like Ubuntu without having to use an app.

You mean this one? https://www.techpowerup.c...gtx1080ti-11264-170905
2020/08/08 14:53:37
rdydet
HeavyHemi
rdydet
Any chance EVGA will release a fixed bios for the 6797 (FTW3 Elite) that will run the memory at 12G by default?  I have no issues overclocking the memory back +1000 in Afterburner in Windows, I'd like to have it run at the advertised speeds in other OSes like Ubuntu without having to use an app.

You mean this one?

Does this one have the fix built in?  That seems to be the one my card has on it already and doesn't pass 117% power.
2020/08/08 20:40:07
HeavyHemi
rdydet
HeavyHemi
rdydet

You mean this one?

Does this one have the fix built in?  That seems to be the one my card has on it already and doesn't pass 117% power.

That BIOS has the memory clock speed at 1501 MHz versus the standard 1376 mhz.

GPU Device Id: 0x10DE 0x1B06
GP102 Board Connectors 1x DVI-D 1x HDMI 3x DisplayPort
Board power limit Target: 280.0 W Limit: 358.0 W Adj. Range: -55%, +28% Thermal Limits Rated: 84.0C Max: 90.0C Memory Support GDDR5X, Micron

This information is all at the link I provided.
2020/08/08 21:42:53
Sajin
rdydet
HeavyHemi
rdydet

You mean this one?

No it doesn’t.
2020/08/08 23:33:51
HeavyHemi
Well that's a bummer they still have not fixed it. I still hit 127% on my freak FE. I've flashed various BIOS on the GPU, Back on the stock BIOS seems to be the most stable with using the voltage curve and under volting a bit.
2020/08/11 07:48:06
Hiko14th
hi there..i ve just signed up to this forum just say thanks..especially to sajin..i ve bought a used gtx 1080ti ftw3 icx that is the most powerful gpu i ve had in my life..i felt like i ve bought a ferrari..and whenever i look at my pc case this card makes me SMILE..my before gpu was an asus gtx970..anyway after claiming my gpu i observed the card is not gonna more than %119 power limit even the gpu was in slave mode bios..i did some other stuffs but no need to write here now..then i started to feel bad..i thought ive bought a gpu which is broken..then find this forum and this post..now the Ferrari performs like at its full HP at %129 and found a max stable oc without crash with +80gpu and +550mem results 10157 points 4k optimized superposition..
now im confident the engine is still strong :D

one more thing i just wanna know i ve found another slave and master bios for KR-6696 those are NEWER than the bios you shared at techpowerup ( 86.02.39.40.92 and slave 86.02.39.41.92..is there any difference between yours and those new ones ? has anybody tested newer ones are stable ? should i flash or do i need them exactly ?

another thing i cant use OC scanner function both precision and msi afterburner..Oc scanner doesnt work and closes the program immediately..what is the problem i dont get it ? is there anything i miss i need to do it works ? thanks again sajin
2020/08/11 08:29:13
Cool GTX
Welcome to the EVGA Forums Hiko14th

your post was hung-up in the filter .. sorry for the delay
2020/08/11 13:00:45
Sajin
No you don’t need the newer ones. The oc scanner is for 20 series gpu’s only.
2020/08/11 16:06:26
HeavyHemi
Sajin
No you don’t need the newer ones. The oc scanner is for 20 series gpu’s only.

The OC scanner was implemented on the Pascal series driver. Both apps use the same Nvidia API. It should work. I don't use it preferring to set it manually.

Hiko14th
hi there..i ve just signed up to this forum just say thanks..especially to sajin..i ve bought a used gtx 1080ti ftw3 icx that is the most powerful gpu i ve had in my life..i felt like i ve bought a ferrari..and whenever i look at my pc case this card makes me SMILE..my before gpu was an asus gtx970..anyway after claiming my gpu i observed the card is not gonna more than %119 power limit even the gpu was in slave mode bios..i did some other stuffs but no need to write here now..then i started to feel bad..i thought ive bought a gpu which is broken..then find this forum and this post..now the Ferrari performs like at its full HP at %129 and found a max stable oc without crash with +80gpu and +550mem results 10157 points 4k optimized superposition..
now im confident the engine is still strong :D

one more thing i just wanna know i ve found another slave and master bios for KR-6696 those are NEWER than the bios you shared at techpowerup ( 86.02.39.40.92 and slave 86.02.39.41.92..is there any difference between yours and those new ones ? has anybody tested newer ones are stable ? should i flash or do i need them exactly ?

another thing i cant use OC scanner function both precision and msi afterburner..Oc scanner doesnt work and closes the program immediately..what is the problem i dont get it ? is there anything i miss i need to do it works ? thanks again sajin

I'd probably remove both programs MSI and EVGA's, delete any left over folders and do a clean install of the drivers after a cleaning using DDU. 
https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/display-driver-uninstaller-thread.379506/

All the info you need is there.

Then reinstall just Afterburner for testing the OC scanner, it seems more stable with it.

Just so I satisfied myself I was not talking out my.... screen cap a few seconds ago 

Attached Image(s)

2020/08/11 16:24:46
Sajin
“The OC Scanner is essentially a tool that uses an algorithm developed by NVIDIA for the RTX 20 series graphics cards.”

Source: https://www.msi.com/blog/...afterburner-oc-scanner

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account