2019/07/19 10:39:45
Sajin
travisandcarriekinnett
Wow...i just spent 5 plus hours reading this whole thread and must say...complete BS what EVGA has done.  I've had my 2 FTW3's for over a year and your right...I never noticed.  They still havent fixed the issue...I cant get past 117% lol, ridiculous.  Thank ALL of you for staying on top of this for so long and not giving up hope and thx Vince for "stumbleing" across.  Now I guess I got to drain my loop so I can take out the cards in order to flash one at a time.  Glad you guys got this taken care of and it's AMAZING how long this has gone without people knowing about it.  Im posting on every video on youtube that has to do with the FTW3 to shed light cause NOBODY but this forum seems to realize it or simply nobody wants to acknowledge it...Steve, Jay, Linus..  Really...I applaud all of you on your dedication to this matter...especially you Sajin, who could've stopped posting as soon as you got urs fixxed.  Thx for communicating with Vince too.

No problem.
2019/07/19 11:06:34
Sajin
travisandcarriekinnett
Ok...Iv'e got a 6696 and a 6796, which files do I need and whats the best way of going about it...still the same way Cool GTX? 

Start by following the 6796 instructions, and then once you get to step #4 make sure you move both the vbios selector switches on both your cards to the slave position instead of just one card, and then once you get to step #8 make sure you type "nvflash64 --list" to view both cards, and then use the --index command to flash only the 6796 card.

The --list command will show you which --index number you will need to use. Use the number that corresponds to the 6796 card, so lets say the --list command shows that adapter 0 is the 6796 card, and that adapter 1 is the 6696 card. You'd then want to type...

nvflash64 --index=0 --protectoff 

then

nvflash64 --index=0 -6 FTW3Slave.rom for step #8.

Now you can continue with the rest of the steps. Step #12 should update both the cards at the same time now when you run the secondary.exe. 

2019/07/19 11:08:19
Cool GTX
Nice instruction Sajin
2019/07/19 11:11:04
Sajin
Thanks.
2019/07/19 11:11:45
KarmNelis
After testing a while, 127% power target gives little gaming performance vs 117% power target. And it requires 4K and higher resolution to reach 127%. Most of the comparison is only 3-10fps higher somehow. 
But it is good to have the advertised power target. 
Additional information is that the modded bios don't have Nvidia DP 1.4 Firmware update on the FTW3 (as the modded version is based on an older Bios.). It is needed to reinstall DP 1.4 Firmware update to support some 4K monitors (For example, PG27UQ and PG35VQ) to show BIOS interface. Or it is a black screen during that time. 
2019/07/19 13:06:42
travisandcarriekinnett
Awesome guys...got it thx.  Now how about that XOC.rom and I'm good as long keep it at 1.093 with VF Tuner with Precision right? Anyone had problems with it?

2019/07/19 13:09:33
travisandcarriekinnett
and that is NOT true either....Im running a PG27UQ, so atleast not in that case. I did nothing that wasn't in the instructions...just in a little different order then Saijin suggested.

2020/05/29 16:29:45
alamgeorge
pwawiernia
bcavnaugh
pwawiernia
bcavnaugh
Old FTW3  Bois <  > New Old FTW3  Bois  (Hybrid Model)

so basically the same...

The Overclock is the same for the most part if that is what you are asking but it is not what the Issue was about.

i'm not asking, just pointing the fact that results are basically the same with old and new bios. Or am I missing something?

I've updated bios on mine card during the weekend, but didn't have time to put it to some more tests.

What I was managed to observe is that I cannot get my overclock stable in 3d mark at point I had it in original bios. I'm crashing 3d mark with anything above +10 on core. On old bios I was able to get +50. Different thing is with superposition - there I can get +70 on core stable. Other thing with superposition is that I can get only one reliable run after computer start, all other runs are like hoovering around 50-80% power not using gpu at 100% and to fix that I have to reboot... Fact is that I can observe now a higher power limit (spiking to 131). At least that is what PXOC reports. And only in superposition, 3d mark doesn't seem to be affected. It doesn't make a lot of sense really.

Hi pwawiernia.
Im facing similar issue like you after upgrading to the new bios. My superposition is not running with full GPU load in the second go. I have to restart my pc and can run once with full load. How did you solved your issue? Can you please share
2020/08/08 08:34:15
rdydet
Any chance EVGA will release a fixed bios for the 6797 (FTW3 Elite) that will run the memory at 12G by default?  I have no issues overclocking the memory back +1000 in Afterburner in Windows, I'd like to have it run at the advertised speeds in other OSes like Ubuntu without having to use an app.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account