2019/02/21 10:35:10
Sajin
Andr3wk
Hello,
I have 1080ti FTW3 6696 and i want to flash the latest bios.(86.02.39.41_92)-(86.02.39.40_92).I have the .rom files.
Can i flash with Nvflash using the second instruction?

Pretty much, but there are a few steps you don't need to do.
2019/07/19 07:45:46
travisandcarriekinnett
Wow...i just spent 5 plus hours reading this whole thread and must say...complete BS what EVGA has done.  I've had my 2 FTW3's for over a year and your right...I never noticed.  They still havent fixed the issue...I cant get past 117% lol, ridiculous.  Thank ALL of you for staying on top of this for so long and not giving up hope and thx Vince for "stumbleing" across.  Now I guess I got to drain my loop so I can take out the cards in order to flash one at a time.  Glad you guys got this taken care of and it's AMAZING how long this has gone without people knowing about it.  Im posting on every video on youtube that has to do with the FTW3 to shed light cause NOBODY but this forum seems to realize it or simply nobody wants to acknowledge it...Steve, Jay, Linus..  Really...I applaud all of you on your dedication to this matter...especially you Sajin, who could've stopped posting as soon as you got urs fixxed.  Thx for communicating with Vince too.
2019/07/19 08:23:30
fragility_V1
travisandcarriekinnett
Now I guess I got to drain my loop so I can take out the cards in order to flash one at a time.

Can't you disable the PCI-e slots individually in the BIOS?  Or, depending on the model, there might be a PCIe disable switch on the motherboard itself.  Then you won't have to drain. Alternately I believe nvflash also has the ability to flash one card at a time, it's another flag I think telling which card to flash.
2019/07/19 08:44:33
Cool GTX
travisandcarriekinnett
Wow...i just spent 5 plus hours reading this whole thread and must say...complete BS what EVGA has done.  I've had my 2 FTW3's for over a year and your right...I never noticed.  They still havent fixed the issue...I cant get past 117% lol, ridiculous.  Thank ALL of you for staying on top of this for so long and not giving up hope and thx Vince for "stumbleing" across.  Now I guess I got to drain my loop so I can take out the cards in order to flash one at a time.  Glad you guys got this taken care of and it's AMAZING how long this has gone without people knowing about it.  Im posting on every video on youtube that has to do with the FTW3 to shed light cause NOBODY but this forum seems to realize it or simply nobody wants to acknowledge it...Steve, Jay, Linus..  Really...I applaud all of you on your dedication to this matter...especially you Sajin, who could've stopped posting as soon as you got urs fixxed.  Thx for communicating with Vince too.

Why would you drain your loop to flash the BIOS ?
2019/07/19 08:47:33
Cool GTX
fragility_V1
travisandcarriekinnett
Now I guess I got to drain my loop so I can take out the cards in order to flash one at a time.

Can't you disable the PCI-e slots individually in the BIOS?  Or, depending on the model, there might be a PCIe disable switch on the motherboard itself.  Then you won't have to drain. Alternately I believe nvflash also has the ability to flash one card at a time, it's another flag I think telling which card to flash.

+1 exactly
2019/07/19 08:53:40
travisandcarriekinnett
I know theres no switch but I believe I may be able to do it in my mobo bios...and because I was told if Im running SLI that I should take one card out and flash...then do the same with the other.
2019/07/19 08:59:00
fragility_V1
travisandcarriekinnett
I know theres no switch but I believe I may be able to di it in my mobo bios...and because I was told if Im running SLI that I should take one card out and flash,,,then do the same with the other.

I think that advice is just to be extra cautious and to make sure you know which card you are flashing.  I don't see any real reason besides that.  If you use nvflash to do the flashing, they have flags to point where you want to flash.  But if you're using the executable they have in this thread, then likely you'll have to disable the PCIe slots.  Or be clever in unzipping the executable.
2019/07/19 09:10:56
Cool GTX
I've flashed my SLI cards before ---> because they were in my custom Loop

1) turn Off SLI in Nvidia control panel
2) shutdown PC & remove the SLI bridge
3) select the BIOS position you want to flash
4) Do a Full Power flush, unplug from wall & hold start button 30 sec or longer after the LED go out on MB
5) restart the PC
6) Start Flash process by Making a Copy of the Current BIOS
2019/07/19 09:38:40
travisandcarriekinnett
Awesome...thx guys.  I'll have to do it that way cause I cant disable them in the BIOS either.
2019/07/19 10:23:24
travisandcarriekinnett
Ok...Iv'e got a 6696 and a 6796, which files do I need and whats the best way of going about it...still the same way Cool GTX? 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account