2017/05/05 10:32:04
bill1024
I figure I'll start a thread where we can talk about anything on our minds. There is no topic so it can't be "off topic"
This way other threads stay on topic and we have a place to have a conversation.
If two people are talking about something, may have to use their name like "Hey Joe, where you going with that gun in your hand?"
So it does not get confusing. Or just quote them.
Just a though, if not a useful thread it will fade into the abyss.
2017/05/05 10:34:37
bill1024
Any way I like the after market for the GPU AIO coolers. Just bought NZXT for 20$ off a forum.
It was NIB never used.

2017/05/05 10:53:59
bcavnaugh
I like Koolance Products but some on the Forum do not.
When I order their Products I do so from their Website.
I do not work for them or even know any of them other than Dylan.

I like Some EK Products* and some on the Forum like them as well.
When I order their Products I do so from Performance PCS. (Only because I live in the USA)
I do not work for them or even know any of them other than Matthew.
*When their are no Hydro Copper Water Blocks available from EVGA.

I like EVGA Products and some on the Forum like them as well but some say their Motherboards Suck.
I only Buy Intel Motherboards from EVGA.
When I order their Products I do so from their Website and then from Amazon then Newegg and last B&H.
I make sure that when I do buy an EVGA Product that it is not being sold by a 3rd Party Seller on last three Websites above.
I do not work for them but have worked with some of the Techs.

My Favorite Computer Case is now the Thermaltake CORE W100 Extreme Water Cooling XL-ATX Fully Modular Full Tower Computer Case 
With and without the Thermaltake CORE P100 Extended Water Cooling/Power Supply Fully Modular Stackable Pedestal Computer Case
For Monster Rigs I like this Computer Case Thermaltake CORE W200 Dual System Capable Extreme Cooling XL-ATX Computer Case CA-1F5-00F1WN-00

We have a Great BOINC *DC Team Called Crunching@EVGA We have a lot of Great Team Members To Many to list here.
On the Other Side of the Coin we have a Stanford Folding @ Home Team Called Folding@EVGA Here to we have some Great Members.
I like going after BOINC Badges so you can call me the Gold Digger Of Badges.
It is Fun to be part of a Challenge or an Event with our Team Crunching@EVGA
We also have a few Challenges on our Team Folding@EVGA but not as many as Crunching@EVGA 

It would be really Great if Forum Members would post their piece of mind and allow other to do the same.
If You Have Issues with other Forum Members then PM them and keep the Threads Clean.
Being Positive in what you Post on the Forum is Much Better then Being Negative.
Allowing Others to Like Their Hardware will also Allow them to Like Yours.
2017/05/05 11:33:54
bill1024
I have been pretty happy with Phantech cases.
Now have three of them and they're great value for the money.
Seem to be well built, sturdy, and they are made to be taken apart, sp you use it the way you want to.
Been buying full tower cases, nice to have room to work and spaces for the AIO rads to be mounted.
I do have one cust. water loop, but the price and the PITA when you want to change something around.
Drain it, move it, refill it, test for leaks.........They do look cool though.
2017/05/05 11:41:35
z999z3mystorys
Thinking of getting an AIO cooler for my TX 1080 ti FEs... but the price on the EVGA one makes me consider other brands of coolers for it...

Also hoping for shield TV to get an update with more apps I like, need to pick up the shield controller from my old place. along with a few other things...

Worried about my CPU, seems it's bordering on dying atm, unless it's the motherboard that's borderline... no real way to tell for sure.

Folding atm I'm trying to decide how much to fold, if I want to use all that extra power and resulting heat... or as well as "locking out" that GPU from being used for gaming because I "have to" finish an assigned WU or I'll not get as many QRB points...

Thinking about how to lose more weight again...

Oh look! a thing... over there...

Yeah, seems my mind is a place filled with a lot of different things...

2017/05/06 01:34:46
HK-Steve
Hey Guy's....
Cases are like CPU's, everyone has different preferences, AMD or Intel.... single CPU or multiple CPU's....
Thermaltake X9 is one of my favorites.. need a couple more when funds allow

I have AIO CPU coolers on all my computers, except from my 580 G7 servers...
All my GPU's under water is next...
Anyone know a good supplier in europe (Switzerland) for GPU water coolers??

Great info bcavnaugh... much appreciated..
2017/05/06 01:45:14
HK-Steve
We need to come up with a strategy to get more Folders Crunching....
Any idea's on a way we can achieve this??
2017/05/06 07:57:31
ipkha
I got the hybrid kit for the 1080TI founders edition. Now I have 20 days left for my step up. Can't wait to try it out. Also went in for that 1000W P2 power supply at the same time. My blue ftw3 is due to ship at the end of May. It might even get here before june.
2017/05/06 08:41:39
bill1024
HK-Steve

Maybe if we make a thread in the folding section every time there is a challenge.
Could even put a thread in the general section where more people would see it.
Originally found folding at Abit's website looking for support for a motherboard.
I folded for Abit's team for many years.
Try to convince folders to run BOINC CPU and fold with GPU
2017/05/06 08:57:29
bcavnaugh
bill1024
HK-Steve

Maybe if we make a thread in the folding section every time there is a challenge.
Could even put a thread in the general section where more people would see it.
Originally found folding at Abit's website looking for support for a motherboard.
I folded for Abit's team for many years.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account