• Folding@EVGA
  • Client Monitoring Application for the Folding@Home with HFM.NET (p.2)
2017/06/16 20:05:49
ipkha
Many sites still use antiquated hashing for passwords. Very sad to see.
Hold down the alt key and type 255 on your numberpad for sites that balk at an official "space" in your password. It appears like a space but isn't in actuality.
2017/09/26 14:21:25
Ranmacanada
If you don't have your own webserver, you can do the same thing with dropbox apparently.  

http://www.overclock.net/t/1426334/guide-hfm-net-guide-for-use-with-dropbox-and-f-h-v7-optional-ftp-settings

The guide here has almost as nice pictures as Bcavnaugh's guide, but is not as dummy proof.  Most of the steps appear to be very similar.
2017/09/26 17:28:27
bcavnaugh
Ranmacanada
If you don't have your own webserver, you can do the same thing with dropbox apparently.  

http://www.overclock.net/t/1426334/guide-hfm-net-guide-for-use-with-dropbox-and-f-h-v7-optional-ftp-settings

The guide here has almost as nice pictures as Bcavnaugh's guide, but is not as dummy proof.  Most of the steps appear to be very similar.

Thanks for this Guide.
Post your link so we can see what it looks like!
I may move over to an off site sever next year.
2019/08/12 06:59:04
bcavnaugh
Thanks Cool GTX
New Version: 0.9.11 - Revision 815 - Project Site - Download Link will not work under IE 11
Installing and Testing Now. No issues noted with this update.
Exit HFM.NET
Remember to save the file > HFM.exe.config < before you over write the rest of the files from the Zip File.
Also you may want to backup the Folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\HFM
This is the location of your Database for HFM.NET
After you copy the files from the Zip File to the Current Location where you have HFM.NET installed copy the 2 files ApplicationUpdate.xml & 
HFM 0.9.11.815.msi to the same location and then Click on HFM 0.9.11.815.msi and install and make sure you select the SAME location you have HFM.NET installed.

2019/08/12 07:33:55
Cool GTX
Thanks for the Advice on making the backup & steps to load
2019/12/17 04:17:36
ProDigit
I honestly haven't heard of many applications that allow a space in a password, for most passwords a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and certain characters can be used. Some sites or programs require no spaces in usernames, and suggest to use an underscore. So I don't think it was a rude comment. For many it's seen as common knowledge, whether it be corrected or incorrect.

That aside, does this program allow for remote monitoring outside of your own router network?
Some don't, which is why I ask.
I have a server behind a serially linked router ( behind 2 routers = harder to hack), and would be interested to know if I could monitor it anywhere, or on my cellphone (though I know this program is mainly windows).
2019/12/17 06:48:16
bcavnaugh
Yes if you setup your Network Correctly to each Host, But Not a Good Ideal.
Better to run the Software on one of your Windows Hosts and then Remote to it from outside of your Network to manage.
2019/12/17 06:49:54
bcavnaugh
ProDigit
I honestly haven't heard of many applications that allow a space in a password, for most passwords a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and certain characters can be used. Some sites or programs require no spaces in usernames, and suggest to use an underscore. So I don't think it was a rude comment. For many it's seen as common knowledge, whether it be corrected or incorrect.

As far as the Password info I was told I was Rude in what I said about Spaces in Passwords so it kind of killed this Thread according to Post #10.
2020/01/03 01:54:55
marcosmaxi
2020/01/03 06:22:00
bcavnaugh
marcosmaxi

Yes you can, a few use different environments but upload Direct and other FTP.
But even without a webserver you can still view the webpages from your local folder.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account