2017/03/22 21:06:14
prophecy0
OP - First off, thanks for making this thread. I used your install as an inspiration to leave the stock shroud on and just use the AIO cooler from EVGA.

You must have gotten VERY lucky in terms of your 1080ti. I'm actually having to back off of my core boost vs. when I was using the stock cooler. Before, I was at +110 on the core and it was completely stable. Now +110 gives me crashes when stress testing. I'm guessing this is because the card is running at a lower temperature so it's not throttling nearly as much. 

+100 on the core seems to be stable. When running the Gears 4 benchmark my card hovers around 1936MHz. I haven't touched the memory OC because from what I can tell it doesn't really make a measurable difference. 

I'm somewhat frustrated that I can't get to 2000MHz stable on the core but maintaining a core temp of < 45C at all times is pretty amazing. 
2017/03/22 21:11:11
MiguelEVGAfan
prophecy0
OP - First off, thanks for making this thread. I used your install as an inspiration to leave the stock shroud on and just use the AIO cooler from EVGA.

You must have gotten VERY lucky in terms of your 1080ti. I'm actually having to back off of my core boost vs. when I was using the stock cooler. Before, I was at +110 on the core and it was completely stable. Now +110 gives me crashes when stress testing. I'm guessing this is because the card is running at a lower temperature so it's not throttling nearly as much. 

+100 on the core seems to be stable. When running the Gears 4 benchmark my card hovers around 1936MHz. I haven't touched the memory OC because from what I can tell it doesn't really make a measurable difference. 

I'm somewhat frustrated that I can't get to 2000MHz stable on the core but maintaining a core temp of < 45C at all times is pretty amazing. 

Can i see pictures? Was it hard.
2017/03/22 21:17:50
prophecy0
I didn't take pics throughout the install.  It wasn't really a hard install. Just keep track of all of your screws! Also, if you plan to keep the stock shroud remember to fish the top of the shroud over the waterblock before you actually install the waterblock. I neglected to do this and had to undo like 8 screws and re-apply thermal paste. 

I have attached a pic of the finished product in my case.

Attached Image(s)

2017/03/22 22:09:27
BroHamBone
prophecy0
 Also, if you plan to keep the stock shroud remember to fish the top of the shroud over the waterblock before you actually install the waterblock. I neglected to do this and had to undo like 8 screws and re-apply thermal paste. 

I have attached a pic of the finished product in my case.

LMFAO...I put mine on upside down and was like...(TOS issue removed by Mod)...then  I thought I had my power adapter handy...4pin power to the gpu to 4pin(fan) power...then to 4pin molex...but couldnt find the 4pin molex. So I tweezed the power out through the little gap by the fan and plugged it in that way.
2017/03/27 06:35:03
IchiTsuyoi
Finished install over weekend using the stock shroud, ended up leaving the top window plate off as it was giving me some clearance issues with the pump power cable trying to route it far enough back for the pumps to point towards rear instead of side (so installed same way as shown in the Youtube video). 

Note of caution for people that are going to attempt this: if you don't have very dexterous fingers/fine tools, don't try to be lazy and do the fan/led cable through the little gap in the shroud. I tried using a pair of tweezers to pull out the fan power cable to route in the pump and ended up actually stripping one of the cables. Gave me a good old panic attack as I couldn't tell if I had actually cut the cable, until I disassembled the entire back-plate and removed the shroud completely to access the cables. Luckily it was just the insulation that was stripped, and a dab of liquid rubber later I was back in business. 

Figuring out wiring was much simpler after I'd disassembled everything, and it was another half hour of putting back in the 20+ screws before everything was assembled.

Some initial tweaking and stress testing has it stable for at least half an hour or Firestrike stress testing at:
+50v
+200 core
+600 mem
~65-70C max

I'll probably drop it down to 150 core and 500 mem for now to keep it nice and cool and stable.

2017/03/27 06:38:24
mkrazymike
great mod love it bro!
2017/03/27 08:32:46
Cool GTX
The adventure of being an early adopter is always fun.   Thanks for sharing randpost1

Now - just buy this:

EVGA GTX TITAN X (Pascal) / GTX 1080 Ti FE HYBRID Waterblock Cooler, Cooling, 400-HY-5388-B1

2017/03/27 10:13:04
Iluv2raceit
Nice adhoc solution.  However, I would prefer to wait for EVGA's official AiO solution ;-)
2017/03/31 18:54:15
prophecy0
EVGA is charging a ridiculous premium for the 1080ti/TitanXP cooler. 
2017/04/01 09:58:20
Mahoogan
I'm still deciding if I'm going to use the stock shroud (as shown here) or modify the plate on the 1080 kit and use the EVGA shroud.  Does anyone know the thickness of the stock Hybrid thermal pads?  I'd like to purchase extra to cover the additional memory chip.  Or could I just transfer one pad from the stock baseplate to the hybrid plate?  I haven't worked with thermal pads before to know if they retain any adhesiveness once removed or not.

And yes, I know there's an official cooler coming.  I just refuse to purchase that one, and already purchased the 5188 kit from Amazon.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account