2017/03/18 16:32:16
quadlatte
NordicJedi
Many people have it partly correct.

eVGA.com was founded nearly 18 years ago, in July of 1999.  The VGA was obvious, because that was the primary product eVGA sold at the time.  The lower-case "e" was used as a means to refer to the growing online phenomenon for business and utilization of the PC and online e-tailer market.  At the 2005 CES, eVGA redesigned its branding and officially changed its name from EVGA.com Corporation to just EVGA, which it has remained since.

No other real acronym, however, although that hasn't stopped people from making up their own.

+1 i still have a Ti4200 somewhere with the original ACX cooler with that yellow sticker they had with eVGA.com name on it, and i bought it online since that was the only way to get them. 
2017/08/29 19:19:37
Encrypted_God
like; Extreme Video Graphics Accelerator ;)
2017/08/29 21:22:35
GTXJackBauer
Excellent Video Going AMD?  If so, there should be an urgent meeting asap, with popcorn in Jacob's office.  Oh yes, with hotdogs too.

2017/08/29 22:00:47
XrayMan
GTXJackBauer
Excellent Video Going AMD?  

Nope!        ;)
2017/08/29 22:03:14
greensoldierusa
GTXJackBauer
Excellent Video Going AMD?  If so, there should be an urgent meeting asap, with popcorn in Jacob's office.  Oh yes, with hotdogs too.

Haha good one

2017/08/30 01:32:23
Hoggle
NordicJedi

eVGA.com was founded nearly 18 years ago, in July of 1999.  The VGA was obvious, because that was the primary product eVGA sold at the time.  The lower-case "e" was used as a means to refer to the growing online phenomenon for business and utilization of the PC and online e-tailer market.  At the 2005 CES, eVGA redesigned its branding and officially changed its name from EVGA.com Corporation to just EVGA, which it has remained since.

No other real acronym, however, although that hasn't stopped people from making up their own.

I thought it was that to. The E is kind of like etrade or other companies that to show they are online use E and VGA was to signify that VGA was the display technology of the time.
2017/08/30 03:47:37
AngryAce
quadlatte
NordicJedi

+1 i still have a Ti4200 somewhere with the original ACX cooler with that yellow sticker they had with eVGA.com name on it, and i bought it online since that was the only way to get them. 

nice, I had my original e-TNT2 box and card but a whole box of old computer gear is missing which it was in... upsetting :/
2017/08/30 16:54:48
greensoldierusa
And knowing is half the battle...
2017/08/30 17:51:28
quadlatte
AngryAce
quadlatte
NordicJedi

nice, I had my original e-TNT2 box and card but a whole box of old computer gear is missing which it was in... upsetting :/

that stinks, i have a storage unit full of old gear, someday i will do something with it all.
2017/08/30 17:54:19
greensoldierusa
Dont have much old gear any longer with the exception of my commodore 64 still not opened lol

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account