2017/02/22 13:40:41
HeavyHemi
EllBrad
HeavyHemi
EllBrad
Because it's a SSW and a standby unit, means no brownout protection? This one I bought CyberPower EC650LCD manual claims it will switch to battery in event of a brownout

If that is on the system that is in your sig, it's too small. Its max rated output is 390 watts. Your UPS should be sized, at the bare minimum, at your expected max power draw.

I've tested my system using a kill-a-watt and it did not draw more than 320 watts running fire strike

Okay, but I don't know why you would use a UPS sized smaller than your PSU. In any event, as long as you have it set up to shut down your system automatically it will work as a large surge protector.  Otherwise you'll only have a couple minutes to shut your system down until the UPS kicks off. In a year or so as your battery ages that time will be cut down to almost nothing. I live way out in the boonies so power glitches are pretty frequent. I'm running a CyberPower 2200va...The quiet hum and 70 pounds is reassuring
2017/02/22 14:07:50
robbysites
HeavyHemi
EllBrad
HeavyHemi
EllBrad
Because it's a SSW and a standby unit, means no brownout protection? This one I bought CyberPower EC650LCD manual claims it will switch to battery in event of a brownout

If that is on the system that is in your sig, it's too small. Its max rated output is 390 watts. Your UPS should be sized, at the bare minimum, at your expected max power draw.

I've tested my system using a kill-a-watt and it did not draw more than 320 watts running fire strike

Okay, but I don't know why you would use a UPS sized smaller than your PSU. In any event, as long as you have it set up to shut down your system automatically it will work as a large surge protector.  Otherwise you'll only have a couple minutes to shut your system down until the UPS kicks off. In a year or so as your battery ages that time will be cut down to almost nothing. I live way out in the boonies so power glitches are pretty frequent. I'm running a CyberPower 2200va...The quiet hum and 70 pounds is reassuring

I have seen some really nice UPSs that have software and connect to your system. Once it detects a power failure after a selected amount of time it will properly shut your system down. I think APC had one called 'Powerchute'. HeavyHemi will have plenty of time with a 2200va.
2017/02/22 14:20:41
HeavyHemi
robbysites
HeavyHemi
EllBrad
HeavyHemi
EllBrad

I have seen some really nice UPSs that have software and connect to your system. Once it detects a power failure after a selected amount of time it will properly shut your system down. I think APC had one called 'Powerchute'. HeavyHemi will have plenty of time with a 2200va.

His is capable of that. I'm not suggesting he needs one that large. I used to run SLI TITAN's with a GTX 580 for PhysX. When I was folding, including on the CPU, I had no problems pulling 1KW from the outlet. He can use Power Panel Business edition or Power Panel Personal Edition and a USB port.
2017/02/22 14:23:30
EllBrad
HeavyHemi
. I live way out in the boonies so power glitches are pretty frequent. I'm running a CyberPower 2200va...The quiet hum and 70 pounds is reassuring

That's a beauty I live in a smallish town and experience maybe 5 power outages per year but never seen a brown out.

robbysites

CyberPower has "Powerpanel" that does feature current sensing and auto-shutdown that can be set for when battery reaches a certain percentage.
2017/03/06 16:34:40
hakkinen
So, would this one be ok with my 850 G3? :) 

https://www.amazon.com/gp...amp;smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
2017/03/07 07:17:57
robbysites
hakkinen
So, would this one be ok with my 850 G3? :) 

https://www.amazon.com/gp...amp;smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I like it. It has protection for everything that runs through my computer room. It even has a NEMA rating. I did not look at the warranty but it does have a pure sine - Good name brand. I have several here at work.

ps. 3-Year Limited Warranty & $250K Ultimate Lifetime Insurance for connected equipment
Fill out the info when you get it and the only thing you will have to do is replace the battery in a few years.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account