2017/03/11 10:36:35
Neb-73
This kinda sux as I received my PowerLink today and was excited to hook it up only to find the connectors locking clips on my card (Zotac GTX1070 AMP! Extreme) are on the top as the Asus.

Bummed out after shelling out to buy this thing. 
2017/03/19 21:48:57
XrayMan

Neb-73
This kinda sux as I received my PowerLink today and was excited to hook it up only to find the connectors locking clips on my card (Zotac GTX1070 AMP! Extreme) are on the top as the Asus.

Why didn't you go with an Evga card?     :/
2017/03/31 17:55:13
sutt359
Will these fit on the 1080ti ftw3?
2017/03/31 18:36:31
Sajin
sutt359
Will these fit on the 1080ti ftw3?

Yes. 

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2629472
2017/04/02 07:02:16
Neb-73
XrayMan

Neb-73

Not a fan honestly. I thought the powerlink was a nifty little item and with some modifications I would be able to eliminate the logo as it's an eyesore. Another item to toss in my garbage bin.
2017/04/22 08:18:40
escannihilator
luv it....thanks evga
2017/05/05 22:45:24
Aqualoon
It's not listed, but anyone know for sure if this won't fit a Titan X SC?  I only ask because I saw an Ebay auction where a guy was selling it with a Titan X, and as someone mentioned above, it's looks to be pretty universal. 

2017/05/06 07:00:16
escannihilator
yes it will work, it as the 8pin/8pin configuration setup so all you have to do is remove one of the 8 pin plugs and install the included 6 pin plug, adjust it as per instructions. if the video card came with  2 6 pin connections then you would need to order/buy the 2nd 6 pin seperate for the power link.
 if you check out my mod rigs link you will see that it keeps it nice and tidy, dont forget to +1 my rig
thank you
2017/07/25 17:47:22
SystemsOgreLoad
XrayMan

Neb-73

He'll join after he goes through a bad rma or two
2018/03/12 11:57:34
Slabonator
maxpoggio
I agree with Heavytech...I have 6 GTX970's and with EVGA's sleeved wiring kits, I am still not able to get the look I had hoped for on my rigs. They are not inexpensive cards and while I was happy to find out that they worked on my GTX 980ti's, it actually added to my frustration with the inability to use them on my GTX 970's because they now look less pleasing than before knowing how they "could" appear.

Incidentally, the  PowerLink really will not work on either the GTX 950 or 960. The only cards they work on are the short one fan cards, but it will not fit any of the full size cards such as the 970 GTX's which, I understand a short, single fan version was not produced. I think it is safe to say that unless you have a full size GPU that is a 980 or newer, the PowerLink will not work. I doubt that anyone who purchased a single fan card will want to spend the money for a PowerLink; assuming that they would also be picky about the looks of their rig and have used a windowed case. Never mind that the short GPU's don't support Sli. But that's just my opinion.

I think EVGA would sell a lot of PowerLinks if they provided one for the GTX 970's as not everyone upgrades their GPU the second a new version comes out and I bet there a ton of great builds where people would want to upgrade with a PowerLink and not a GPU. The same applies to earlier GPU's as I am fairly certain that with two variations of the PowerLink, they would be able to fit so many more GPU's than they can with the present one. And I doubt that someone would buy a 1000 series GPU (or two) just so they can also use a PowerLink.

But again, that's just me. I love EVGA and have for a long time. I doubt I would buy anything else irrespective of whether one of their accessories will fit or not. I do wonder however at how they introduce new accessories or products and their rationale behind them. This is not the first time that I have experienced similar frustrations. A perfect example is the new motherboard that I just purchased, and it has the pinouts for an accessory they haven't sold in years and have no plans of bringing back. Yet the manual makes it a point to make sure you take advantage of that feature. 

Whatever...

I'm with ya, instead of upgrading my EVGA GTX 970 to a newer card I ended up getting a second one for SLI.  Would be awesome if they made PowerLink for this series card, as I plan to keep my cards for the foreseeable future..  Finally upgraded my rig from mid-tower to full-tower and cable management is now a hobby in itself.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account