2016/12/11 14:44:35
pat39576
I believe that these are compatible with the Titan X, not just the Nvidia Titan X, but also the GTX Titan X. I do not expect that they would list the current Titan X on the list of compatible GPUs since they do not sell them but seeing as though it is compatible with the Founders cards, including the GTX 1060 6GB which is also not sold (Founder Edition) by EVGA. Also, the video Jayztwocents made shows him installing them in skunkworks which runs 2 Titan X's in SLI with no issues.
2016/12/13 20:42:45
Shanester44
Arrived from Amazon.com

Installed and working great, so far.  
2016/12/13 22:33:27
Shanester44
After running a few benchmarks I noticed one of the EVGA powerlinks seems to be ticking. 

I removed it from my system and the ticking has stopped.  Kinda scary, especially when they are hooked up to my new Titans.  I think I may send them back. 
2016/12/15 14:59:30
Heavytech
Any chance there will ever be a version compatible with the gtx 970? Preferably the SSC edition? Kinda stupid that the 970 is left out when 950, 960, 980 and 980ti are all compatible, especially seeing how popular the 970 is/was.
2016/12/30 12:56:09
maxpoggio
I agree with Heavytech...I have 6 GTX970's and with EVGA's sleeved wiring kits, I am still not able to get the look I had hoped for on my rigs. They are not inexpensive cards and while I was happy to find out that they worked on my GTX 980ti's, it actually added to my frustration with the inability to use them on my GTX 970's because they now look less pleasing than before knowing how they "could" appear.

Incidentally, the  PowerLink really will not work on either the GTX 950 or 960. The only cards they work on are the short one fan cards, but it will not fit any of the full size cards such as the 970 GTX's which, I understand a short, single fan version was not produced. I think it is safe to say that unless you have a full size GPU that is a 980 or newer, the PowerLink will not work. I doubt that anyone who purchased a single fan card will want to spend the money for a PowerLink; assuming that they would also be picky about the looks of their rig and have used a windowed case. Never mind that the short GPU's don't support Sli. But that's just my opinion.

I think EVGA would sell a lot of PowerLinks if they provided one for the GTX 970's as not everyone upgrades their GPU the second a new version comes out and I bet there a ton of great builds where people would want to upgrade with a PowerLink and not a GPU. The same applies to earlier GPU's as I am fairly certain that with two variations of the PowerLink, they would be able to fit so many more GPU's than they can with the present one. And I doubt that someone would buy a 1000 series GPU (or two) just so they can also use a PowerLink.

But again, that's just me. I love EVGA and have for a long time. I doubt I would buy anything else irrespective of whether one of their accessories will fit or not. I do wonder however at how they introduce new accessories or products and their rationale behind them. This is not the first time that I have experienced similar frustrations. A perfect example is the new motherboard that I just purchased, and it has the pinouts for an accessory they haven't sold in years and have no plans of bringing back. Yet the manual makes it a point to make sure you take advantage of that feature. 

Whatever...

2017/01/09 01:03:35
louiedorado
Hi,

Where there be a problem if I reverse PCIE Connector of the EVGA Power Link and connect it to my Asus GTX 980 Poseidon which its PCIE connector is in different orientation?
Will it still work? I would like to know before I try it?
Please check this  image for comparison
Asus GTX Poseidon 980

EVGA Powerlink

TIA

Attached Image(s)

2017/01/09 06:35:27
SprayingMango
louiedorado
Hi,

Where there be a problem if I reverse PCIE Connector of the EVGA Power Link and connect it to my Asus GTX 980 Poseidon which its PCIE connector is in different orientation?
Asus GTX Poseidon 980

EVGA Powerlink

TIA

I have the same problem. EVGA did not explain this anywhere on the product page on Amazon....so I bought 2 of them for my MSI 1080's which have the same inverted PCI-e power connectors. Now I have 2 things I cannot use...

Is there a way to flip the power connectors to use the PowerLink with these power connectors? 
2017/02/10 03:00:30
GhostlyEyes
Wow, now I am happy I looked here before I pulled the trigger on 2 of these for my poseidons.
Would also like to know if there is a way to make them compatible with inverted power connectors.
2017/02/15 22:33:43
squall-leonhart
appayipyip
louiedorado
Hi,

Asus GTX Poseidon 980

EVGA Powerlink

TIA

I have the same problem. EVGA did not explain this anywhere on the product page on Amazon....so I bought 2 of them for my MSI 1080's which have the same inverted PCI-e power connectors. Now I have 2 things I cannot use...

Is there a way to flip the power connectors to use the PowerLink with these power connectors? 

There are 2 conductive rails in the product, one transmitting the 12v feed, and the other acting as the ground, so no, you cannot flip the connector.
2017/02/22 13:02:25
sl06bhytmar
squall-leonhart
appayipyip
louiedorado
Hi,

Asus GTX Poseidon 980

EVGA Powerlink

TIA

There are 2 conductive rails in the product, one transmitting the 12v feed, and the other acting as the ground, so no, you cannot flip the connector.

Nothing a mod cannot fix, I would loved to see polarity change switch in-built but meh, you can mod it to change the polarity. I did it for other user but I think I could have added there a switch to change the polarity. 
Edit: Dang cannot even link here to internal posts, forums.evga.com/EVGA-powerlink-polarity-modification-m2619471.aspx

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account