2016/10/26 15:42:02
mannitu78
wooooow that thing got even hotter than the 1080FTW....i mean the test on TOMs Hardware...far more than 100 C...i didnt even realize that. Thats insane. more than 110 C VRM temp is insane. EVGA use a different type of mosfets this time, with more resistance that generates more heat? Whats going on.....
2016/10/26 16:16:10
Pacificador
mannitu78
wooooow that thing got even hotter than the 1080FTW....i mean the test on TOMs Hardware...far more than 100 C...i didnt even realize that. Thats insane. more than 110 C VRM temp is insane. EVGA use a different type of mosfets this time, with more resistance that generates more heat? Whats going on.....

That seems to be true. Are you refering to this two measurements?:

Extrated from tomshardware.de/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-gtx-1070-grafikkarten-roundup,testberichte-242137-2.html

Extracted from tomshardware.de/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-pascal-gp106-grafikkarten-roundup,testberichte-242152-2.html

This suggests me a warranty question: Is it the same if my card dies now or dies before ending the 3 years warranty? (Or has any other fault). I mean, the warranty with EVGA is the same during all the period, right? (Maybe it's a stupid question, but never used warranties before) Because I read something related with the first 90 days after buying it, but I think it was for a different thing, like upgrading the card or something like that. So if I am covered the same now and the next 3 years, I will live calmly until I renew my card after 2 or 3 years from now

Thanks
2016/10/26 16:49:07
FscuderiaX
90 days is the step-up period if you register within 30 days I believe.  Warranty period is 3 years.  Only difference is if you RMA it in 3 years you'll most likely get a better card (ie GTX 1260 ).

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account