2016/11/03 16:19:27
jarablue
Is anyone noticing in GPUZ that the bus interface is now PCI-E v1.1 instead of 3.0? Not only is it going from 1.1 to 2.0 in realtime, it is going only to 3.0 when I click the little question mark next to the box and run the render test. It is no longer pegged at 3.0 after the test runs. It goes back to 1.1. My pcie link speed in my motherboards bios is manually set to Gen3 from Auto. Using ASRock Extreme4 mb. Also this happens when I set it to max performance in the nv control panel too. So something is happening making the bus interface speed go to 1.1 then 2.0 then back to 1.1 when not under load.

Is this a motherboard issue maybe?

The heck?
2016/11/03 17:55:02
jarablue
The weird thing is even with the motherboard pegged at Gen3 for pcie link speed, it still lowers the link speed when idle for some reason. I can't find a power management setting to peg the link speed to 3.0.

2016/11/03 18:49:07
CaptaPraelium
jarablue
Is anyone noticing in GPUZ that the bus interface is now PCI-E v1.1 instead of 3.0? Not only is it going from 1.1 to 2.0 in realtime, it is going only to 3.0 when I click the little question mark next to the box and run the render test. It is no longer pegged at 3.0 after the test runs. It goes back to 1.1. My pcie link speed in my motherboards bios is manually set to Gen3 from Auto. Using ASRock Extreme4 mb. Also this happens when I set it to max performance in the nv control panel too. So something is happening making the bus interface speed go to 1.1 then 2.0 then back to 1.1 when not under load.

The heck?

Yes I'm seeing this. My mobo is an EVGA X99 Micro2. No idea if it did this before, TBH I never checked it. But yes, The buss runs at v1.1 and then when I run heaven it jumps up to 3.0 and then back down to 1.1 when I stop heaven.

....annnd I acted stupid and didn't read the thread title correctly. I'm seeing this with the new *.72 update for the PWM/VRM fan fix. Mods feel free to move/remove this post if appropriate.
2016/11/03 18:57:31
mosdl
Ever since running the update, I can't boot into windows - it goes into a black screen with a cursor.  Taking the card out "fixes" it, filed a support ticket as well.  Anyone have thoughts on how I could fix this?
2016/11/03 18:58:42
Sajin
CaptaPraelium
jarablue

The heck?

Yes I'm seeing this. My mobo is an EVGA X99 Micro2. No idea if it did this before, TBH I never checked it. But yes, The buss runs at v1.1 and then when I run heaven it jumps up to 3.0 and then back down to 1.1 when I stop heaven.

....annnd I acted stupid and didn't read the thread title correctly. I'm seeing this with the new *.72 update for the PWM/VRM fan fix. Mods feel free to move/remove this post if appropriate.

What you guys are talking about is normal.
2016/11/03 18:59:23
Sajin
mosdl
Ever since running the update, I can't boot into windows - it goes into a black screen with a cursor.  Taking the card out "fixes" it, filed a support ticket as well.  Anyone have thoughts on how I could fix this?

Try reflashing your card with igpu.
2016/11/03 19:11:26
jarablue
Sajin
CaptaPraelium
jarablue

The heck?

So the link state reverting to 1.1 and not running at full speed all the time is normal? Which in my case is PCIE Gen 3. or X 3.

Is there a way to peg the link speed at x3 instead of it always downclocking to 1.1?

Thanks!
2016/11/03 19:13:00
Sajin
jarablue
Sajin
CaptaPraelium
jarablue

The heck?

So the link state reverting to 1.1 and not running at full speed all the time is normal? Which in my case is PCIE Gen 3. or X 3.

Is there a way to peg the link speed at x3 instead of it always downclocking to 1.1?

Thanks!

Yes, completely normal.
2016/11/04 14:55:58
Lazy_Bones
Uhm... for some reason I am unable to download the update. I have a gtx 1070 SC acx 3.0, but the download stays at "unknown time remaining" and won't finish.

Also: Not planning to overclock anytime soon, but I am planning to update the bios for the VRM problem/fan curve increase. But if I do, can I still apply this update afterwards?
2016/11/04 19:14:29
Adriano996
...and after 24 hours! I have no answer yet ?? I do not know what to do? I spent $ 500 on a card that far as I understand it will explode playing minesweeper!! im not in the covered areas for that thermal kit and i got the 1070sc so im really worried about that card becoming a $500 paperweight! how can i get those thermal pads if im not at a covered area? tho those pads are only touching the tip of the fins at the heatsinks is that enough? im very upset because i got not a single answer from anyone!! and i need to know!! this ----> "if i got a samsung vram i dont need the bios update?? i only need the thermal kit?? i wanna know what to do in order to prevent any damage at that card! is this overheating problem just for overclockers?? i dont want to overclock my card, i just want to know that i dont need to worry about the card in 3 years!! pls i need help!! i read a lot everywhere and i dont know what to believe atm! i need an evga admin that tell me what to do!! HELP!!! pls help!!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account