2016/10/22 07:19:22
Omgak
Gawg36
About flickering: A few have mentioned this, and it's something that's bothered me since driver version 370.xx came out.

This may help. I don't know individual cases so please understand it may well not help, but it's worth a try, IF you have a high refresh monitor. Win 10 AB, and a Pascal card.

There are several long threads about this on the crazy NV jungle forums. Most are not affected, but many are who have a 144Hz monitor, and any or all of the others above.
The issue, is probably to do with MS mostly. WDDM 2.1. NV haven't worked well with MS on this, even if this is not the correct reason it exists, and both MS and NV share the blame.

If your only issue is flickering at 144Hz. There are Three ways - non ideal - that will fix it.
1. Install pre 370.XX driver. MS actually released driver 369.09, which was never availbable on the NV site. Time matches perfectly flicker issue start.
2. Use any driver of your choice, but every re-boot switch monitor to 120Hz or anything lower than 144Hz and back. That simple, always works, but really gets annoying fast.
3. Set monitor in NV CP to max re-fresh of 120Hz, use any driver, issue solved. (I did 2 at first, but changed to 120Hz a couple of weeks back, since then over 100hours of all
sorts of stuff inc. gaming and not a single flicker.

I know this thread is about the new BIOS. I know it won't help many people. But it's been mentioned, and this could well be worth looking into for a few who suffer from this (completely unrelated to Vid BIOS).

TYVM setting max re-fresh to 120Hz seems to be flicker free

2016/10/22 07:23:08
DritoVales
So my minimum fan speed is now 20% after flashing my 1070 FTW, before the card's fans did not run unless it was getting hot. Looking through the thread this seems to be a common issue. I've made sure that my GPU bios is set to "master". I'll try reflashing the primary bios.

Are we supposed to switch between the master and slave bios on the card while flashing the appropriate BIOS? I'm assuming thats how I managed to flash my master bios with the slave bios.

EDIT: So yeah, first time dual bios card owner here. I guess it should have been obvious but you need to engage the switch on the card while flashing each respective bios. Now my master is back to 00.70 and the fan profile is normal again.
2016/10/22 07:36:12
maxxus40
Here is a good question that i hope someone can answer...  i have a cyberpower PC with an EVGA GTX 1070  - Part No. 08G-P4-5170-BR.    Why would the last 2 characters differ from the expected KR?
T Hanks!!
2016/10/22 07:38:15
chrille77
I got a 1070 FTW for my wife's computer yesterday, it was a Micron based card so I went ahead and flashed it. First I wasn't aware there was a switch to change which BIOS is used, so I flashed Primary, no problem. But then I also flashed Primary with the slave updater package. When I realized there was a switch this I flashed again with the primary package. When reflashing the process was a very quick so I'm not sure anything was actually applied. When checking with GPU-Z it looks ok though. The thing that makes me worried I messed something up is that I can't install the latest 375.57 driver. Screen goes black and after 10 seconds system reboots. 373.06 works. It's weird. Any hints?

2016/10/22 07:44:14
jubiaba
Hi Folks
although i had bios 86.04.26.01.70
I flashed with the indicated tools for my model the primary bios
now it reads 86.04.50.00.70 an wont upgrade the digit from 0 to 1  :-(
i choose not to upgrade the secondary one though
will i be better of keeping the old bios on primary or should i upgrade at all ?
unsure
Greetings Jubi 

PS: forgot to mention my model is 6274 and screen shows secondary bios

Attached Image(s)

2016/10/22 07:49:12
DritoVales
maxxus40
Here is a good question that i hope someone can answer...  i have a cyberpower PC with an EVGA GTX 1070  - Part No. 08G-P4-5170-BR.    Why would the last 2 characters differ from the expected KR?
T Hanks!!

Most likely you have a card with Samsung memory, download GPU-Z and it'll tell you under the "memory type" field on the main Graphics Card tab.
2016/10/22 07:54:19
Luta Wicasa
00 indicates primary/master bios...01 indicates secondary/slave bios.
2016/10/22 08:47:47
Gawg36
Omgak
Gawg36
About flickering: A few have mentioned this, and it's something that's bothered me since driver version 370.xx came out.

This may help. I don't know individual cases so please understand it may well not help, but it's worth a try, IF you have a high refresh monitor. Win 10 AB, and a Pascal card.

There are several long threads about this on the crazy NV jungle forums. Most are not affected, but many are who have a 144Hz monitor, and any or all of the others above.
The issue, is probably to do with MS mostly. WDDM 2.1. NV haven't worked well with MS on this, even if this is not the correct reason it exists, and both MS and NV share the blame.

If your only issue is flickering at 144Hz. There are Three ways - non ideal - that will fix it.
1. Install pre 370.XX driver. MS actually released driver 369.09, which was never availbable on the NV site. Time matches perfectly flicker issue start.
2. Use any driver of your choice, but every re-boot switch monitor to 120Hz or anything lower than 144Hz and back. That simple, always works, but really gets annoying fast.
3. Set monitor in NV CP to max re-fresh of 120Hz, use any driver, issue solved. (I did 2 at first, but changed to 120Hz a couple of weeks back, since then over 100hours of all
sorts of stuff inc. gaming and not a single flicker.

I know this thread is about the new BIOS. I know it won't help many people. But it's been mentioned, and this could well be worth looking into for a few who suffer from this (completely unrelated to Vid BIOS).

TYVM setting max re-fresh to 120Hz seems to be flicker free

Thank you for your reply. Now I feel my post was worth it. Cheers! 
2016/10/22 08:54:28
bcavnaugh
A Note about The Microsoft NVIDIA Graphics Driver 369.09.
This Driver is incomplete in that their is no OpenCL or VulkanRT Support Included.
It also installs NVIDIA Update and I recommend that you uninstall it.
2016/10/22 11:33:46
jubiaba
now i start understanding
the starting post gave me the impression the bios numbers above would indicate the desired numbers
i mistook that
THX anyway

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account