2016/10/17 10:49:55
evgauser28764

if i add 800mhz on msi ab, then i got the game instantly crashed and started checkerboard showing even i reset it. only reboot can help...
2016/10/17 10:51:49
DeathAngel74
took the plunge...backed up old BIOS with nvflash first though

2016/10/17 10:52:25
evgauser28764
EVGA_JacobF
acxcoolerssuck
any changes beside the micron problem?

is the secondary bios has higher power limit?

That is the only change.

okay thanks.
i though there will be an power limit increase too like those palit new bios.
215w max for dual 8 pin connectors and ten phase vcore (350a in total) is quiet unbalanced and disappointed.  
2016/10/17 10:54:49
Poliacido
acxcoolerssuck
EVGA_JacobF
acxcoolerssuck

That is the only change.

okay thanks.
215w max for dual 8 pin connectors and ten phase vcore (350a in total) is quiet unbalanced and disappointed.  

wait the second bios already has power increased to 122%, did they change in this new release??

BTW make this thread sticked at top of the page!! :D
2016/10/17 10:56:25
EVGA_JacobF
There is no power increase, also you cannot use the % as a gauge. Keep in mind that 100% baseline may be different from one vendor to another.
2016/10/17 11:05:31
evgauser28764
Poliacido
acxcoolerssuck
EVGA_JacobF
acxcoolerssuck

That is the only change.

okay thanks.

wait the second bios already has power increased to 122%, did they change in this new release??

BTW make this thread sticked at top of the page!! :D

no
2016/10/17 11:07:03
evgauser28764
EVGA_JacobF
There is no power increase, also you cannot use the % as a gauge. Keep in mind that 100% baseline may be different from one vendor to another.

EVGA_JacobF

i can see the gpu power draw in watts from hwinfo64. also techpowerup shows power limit info of every bios being uploaded to there. some guys in overclock.net already read those power limit info by hex editor. there are some other brands' bios that has much more power limit than evga ftw bios.
hopefully in the future evga would release a higher power limit for ftw as ftw pcb is very great and should be able to handle more much power.
thanks
2016/10/17 11:07:16
DeathAngel74
Anyone able to get over 8500 MHz yet and not get the checkerboard of death?
2016/10/17 11:12:19
Poliacido
acxcoolerssuck
EVGA_JacobF

EVGA_JacobF

i can see the gpu power draw in watts from hwinfo64. also techpowerup shows power limit info of every bios being uploaded to there. some guys in overclock.net already read those power limit info by hex editor. there are some other brands' bios that has much more power limit than evga ftw bios.
hopefully in the future evga would release a higher power limit for ftw as ftw pcb is very great and should be able to handle more much power.
thanks

what's the point? my ftw board can't even cap the 112% power limit of the primary bios.. maybe my gpu can't oc very well?? or i am doint something wrong?
i tried weeks ago the second bios and saw no increase oc with the increased power limit, i think the problem is the fact we can't increase the voltage
2016/10/17 11:27:40
evgauser28764
Poliacido
acxcoolerssuck
EVGA_JacobF

EVGA_JacobF

thanks

what's the point? my ftw board can't even cap the 112% power limit of the primary bios.. maybe my gpu can't oc very well?? or i am doint something wrong?
i tried weeks ago the second bios and saw no increase oc with the increased power limit, i think the problem is the fact we can't increase the voltage

when i played bf1 beta i saw my ftw drew 220w. thats means the power limit of ftw bios is not "enough" for gaming. not to mention furmark and other benchmarking.
i dont care about furmark and benchmarking but only gaming and i was shocked by the bf1 beta power draw.
i also want to ask what is the point of 215w instead of 300w like zotac amp extreme. just want to get rid of power throttling.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account