2016/10/21 15:25:40
Der Schakal
Legacy-ZA
Tiremo
Luta Wicasa
Der Schakal
than you for the ubdate

But i have a probleme: I can't set the fanspeed below 20%, since then i have update my BIOS.

If you are on the secondary/slave bios setting, this is as it should be.
If this behavior is on the main/master bios setting, try a reflash.

This problem still exist even after reflashin several times. I already tried everything out. I guess the BIOS has a bug which let the fans spin on every BIOS regardless which one you take. I'm a bit dissapointed, as evga doesnt relate or respond to this in no way.

Well, you are not alone, I am experiencing the same thing.
Sorry I am a beginner, how can I change the BIOS setting and how can I reflash.
2016/10/21 15:49:14
Tiremo
I fixed the fan spin problem with these steps:

1. Reflash the BIOS (prim and sec).
2. Install the newest NVIDIA driver which is 375.57
3. Reinstall the driver and restart you pc.

Dont forget after every step, to restart your pc, as changes will may/only apply when you restart.
Note: This worked for me. After 2 hours of testing, I can say that we encounter here maybe a driver issue. But thats only my guess, as long evga says nothing about it. Could be possible that NVIDIA fixed this issue.

Happy testing!
2016/10/21 15:52:16
Tiremo
Der Schakal
Legacy-ZA
Tiremo
Luta Wicasa
Der Schakal
than you for the ubdate

But i have a probleme: I can't set the fanspeed below 20%, since then i have update my BIOS.

If you are on the secondary/slave bios setting, this is as it should be.
If this behavior is on the main/master bios setting, try a reflash.

This problem still exist even after reflashin several times. I already tried everything out. I guess the BIOS has a bug which let the fans spin on every BIOS regardless which one you take. I'm a bit dissapointed, as evga doesnt relate or respond to this in no way.

Well, you are not alone, I am experiencing the same thing.
Sorry I am a beginner, how can I change the BIOS setting and how can I reflash.

The reflash process is the same as the "first flash" process. Double click the file (make sure its the right one, if you have prim and sec bios have a look which one is active) and close every application thats running. You can check the version with GPU-Z and it should be the newest.
2016/10/21 16:06:19
stev47
hello, its not work for me 

i have 1070FE. i have downloaded the 6170 bios.  My current bios is 86.04.26.00.70

when i start the .exe i have a black screen and my screen back to desktop without any changes.

thanks 

W10 64b
FX8320
1070FE
16Go corsair ram
mobo msi 970 gaming.
2016/10/21 16:26:20
Tiremo
stev47
hello, its not work for me 

i have 1070FE. i have downloaded the 6170 bios.  My current bios is 86.04.26.00.70

when i start the .exe i have a black screen and my screen back to desktop without any changes.

thanks 

W10 64b
FX8320
1070FE
16Go corsair ram
mobo msi 970 gaming.

Do you tried to start it as administrator?
Seems to be that many AMD people face the same problem. Although, I don't know if the processor/platform matters in the update process.
2016/10/21 16:47:09
Luta Wicasa
Tiremo

Seems to be that many AMD people face the same problem. Although, I don't know if the processor/platform matters in the update process.

Sure it does...note the subvendor and device id sections.
Contact support regarding this

2016/10/21 21:02:49
Rageaholic
I don't know if it's just me but my temps increase by 15-20 degrees idle and 10-15 on load in mafia 3. (reaching close to 85-90 degrees in mafia compared to 68-75). EVGA 1070 SC

Edit: Apparently my custom fan curve did not want to work properly until I forced it to work. My gpu hits nearly 2000mhz on the gpu clock when its running at stock speeds is this normal? Boost clock says its meant to go to 1784.
2016/10/22 02:59:36
vipers33
Hello.
I'm sorry, my english is bad
I have a question.
After uploading a new BIOS, I will lose warranty?
2016/10/22 06:12:45
Omgak

i had some flickering after boot before update (seemed to stop flickering after about a min). so i updated my firmware as admin on my ftw 6276. now it flickers all the time. cpu is a 4690k,win 10 64, 16gb mem, asus z87-k

Attached Image(s)

2016/10/22 07:07:12
Gawg36
About flickering: A few have mentioned this, and it's something that's bothered me since driver version 370.xx came out.

This may help. I don't know individual cases so please understand it may well not help, but it's worth a try, IF you have a high refresh monitor. Win 10 AB, and a Pascal card.

There are several long threads about this on the crazy NV jungle forums. Most are not affected, but many are who have a 144Hz monitor, and any or all of the others above.
The issue, is probably to do with MS mostly. WDDM 2.1. NV haven't worked well with MS on this, even if this is not the correct reason it exists, and both MS and NV share the blame.

If your only issue is flickering at 144Hz. There are Three ways - non ideal - that will fix it.
1. Install pre 370.XX driver. MS actually released driver 369.09, which was never availbable on the NV site. Time matches perfectly flicker issue start.
2. Use any driver of your choice, but every re-boot switch monitor to 120Hz or anything lower than 144Hz and back. That simple, always works, but really gets annoying fast.
3. Set monitor in NV CP to max re-fresh of 120Hz, use any driver, issue solved. (I did 2 at first, but changed to 120Hz a couple of weeks back, since then over 100hours of all
sorts of stuff inc. gaming and not a single flicker.

I know this thread is about the new BIOS. I know it won't help many people. But it's been mentioned, and this could well be worth looking into for a few who suffer from this (completely unrelated to Vid BIOS).

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account