2016/10/21 09:34:21
EVGAAlexS
EVGATech_BrandonS
That's the correct BIOS version, yes. The last 4 numbers on the Device ID are 6713; that identifies the card as a 1070 SC. 

Brilliant thanks.
2016/10/21 10:03:54
EVGAAlexS
Hmmm
Earlier today I updated the GeForce drivers to the latest, and I've just updated the BIOS now successfully and rebooted.

Hmmm it could be just my perception but in Windows 10 it appears....

a) Both monitors (LCD's 60Hz) seem to be flickering more on their recommended resolutions (1680 x 1050, 1280 x 1024).
b) Appears nosier on standby (left it for 20 mins or so, CPU is idle).

I'm not doing any overclocking, just using the GeForce drivers.

Thanks..
2016/10/21 10:04:58
BrandonS
This could be caused by the power management resetting; go to the NVIDIA Control Panel, and under Manage 3D Settings change Power Management Mode to Adaptive instead of Optimal. 
2016/10/21 10:12:12
EVGAAlexS
EVGATech_BrandonS
This could be caused by the power management resetting; go to the NVIDIA Control Panel, and under Manage 3D Settings change Power Management Mode to Adaptive instead of Optimal. 

Thanks but it was already on adaptive.
I flipped back to optimal and back to adaptive to make sure... no difference, even tried max performance.
BTW I'm just looking at the desktop and my web browser right now (haven't bothered with games).
Thanks for response...
2016/10/21 10:26:52
Legacy-ZA
Hi there,

So I flashed my EVGA 1070 FTW to the latest BIOS, both the Master and the Slave. There is one problem however; both of these Master & Slave firmware seems to be programmed to run the fan speeds at 20% by default. No; I didn't make a mistake by using the same downloaded BIOS, the master being 00 and the slave being 01. Please have a look? Thank you.
2016/10/21 10:31:03
Tiremo
alhazen
Tiremo
Jyrtzy
Tiremo
Hey,

I flashed my GTX 1070 FTW primary and secondary correctly and double checked everything. But I got still the problem that the fans in the primary bios, which should be the "non-aggressive", are spinning at idle. Can anyone address this problem or tell me if evga is on the case?

Did you restart the pc after switching the bios?

Yes several times but the problem still exists. I tried to correct the fan curve, but the fan curve behave the same as on the secondary bios.

I thought about to reflash the bios but I am not sure if this will solve the problem.

You better chech the bios info really close , I flashed mine the first time to master and download the master file. When it was done the bios was flashed with the slave bios I don't know how it happen but it did. So I redownloaded it and did it again. It worked. 
it should be  86.04.50.00.70 Master only

If you have any overclock ultility running make sure to default them back. You might have a fan curve setup that loads at startup.

Hey,

I reflashed everything and switched it several times. The fans are still spinning all the time. No ultility running in the background.
Can someone from evga relate to this?
2016/10/21 11:04:04
texasrattler
So I'm confused, I thought the only reason to update the bios if your 1070 is using the Micron memory. If your using the Samsung memory there is no reason to update. But I don't see that being said. So why is EVGA posting to update all cards when all cards are not affected? Did I miss something or do we ALL need to update?
2016/10/21 12:43:27
ExXoNuk
Hey guys,

so i updated my BIOS today on my GTX1070FTW but had a small problem:
when i started the bios update my screen turned black ( it said that that will happen ) - the problem was that it stayed black. I dont know why. Anyway - after like 2min i pressed the bottow button so my PC shut down ( not the " hard " shut down, just the one where windows shuts down iteself properly ).

I tried it again and again the screen stayed black. I waited another min and pressed " y " this time, i heard a beep sound and the bios updated. As i still couldnt see anything i waited 3-4min and pressed the power button again so my PC turned off.
I checked GPU-Z and the new version was there. Did the same then with the other BIOS.

Does everything seem fine on that screenshot? Im a bit worried caus i had to do the update kinda blind. But both BIOS versions seem ok

Attached Image(s)

2016/10/21 13:06:53
Luta Wicasa
That looks correct....other than Micron and the specific bios number, matches mine perfectly.
2016/10/21 13:30:57
Der Schakal
than you for the ubdate

But i have a probleme: I can't set the fanspeed below 20%, since then i have update my BIOS.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account