2019/10/05 01:39:52
Vlada011
For me Lian Li PC-V3000 and EVGA DG-87 are nicest full tower cases available at the moment.

2019/10/11 11:20:02
ilukeberry
lol.. check Phanteks Evolv X.. made of aluminum and tempered glass. Let's face it EVGA cases are garbage.
2019/10/11 12:54:20
Cool GTX
Stay On Topic --> This is a Picture thread --> of Your EVGA DG-8 Case
2019/10/12 04:04:13
Vlada011
No doubt EVGA DG-87 is case with best view on components inside. 

2020/02/07 05:00:51
davimss1
Enzarch
jackal28
That looks awesome. Where did you get the glass? I may change mine to that way. I'm sure the hinges are much sturdier with the steel instead of acrylic/

This piece came from a local glass shop, most places have glass shops hidden around, and there are plenty of online options for custom glass too. Don't feel to pressured to insist on tempered, I feel that's mostly a shipping and liability issue for companies.

The hinges are just modified general purpose hinges, The original acrylic ones seem to be plenty strong for whatever you want, though, and I would have probably just 3d printed an ABS replica had I owned a printer.
Finally the latch just started as a piece of 1/4" aluminum 'C'-channel.

I made a 'door' from foam-core, for prototyping, then used said door to make an inverse jig with the hinges/ latch on it, prepped and masked the glass, applied [3M Windo-Weld], spread it nicely, then applied the jig. After the adhesive was somewhat rubbery, i cut the jig down so I could remove the masking for clean lines. The next day was cleanup and using a syringe/needle to inject paint into a couple visible air pockets.

Hello friend, first sorry for my English.
I really liked the result presented by you with your attitude in making a glass door, congratulations. I need to make one for mine too, because mine ended up staining the acrylic which is irreversible. My question is in the measurements, could you provide the ones you used and also what was the thickness of the glass? Thanks!
2020/02/07 05:07:23
davimss1
See the result after installing 8unds of RGB coolers, satisfactory!

2020/02/08 12:27:43
apsese
It looks somehow very special. You get extra points from me for that NFS underground2 poster in a frame at wall.  That game was something special too and EA were still good.
2020/02/13 05:22:26
davimss1
apsese
It looks somehow very special. You get extra points from me for that NFS underground2 poster in a frame at wall.  That game was something special too and EA were still good.

Ow, thanks. I asked to make the three games that are very special for me.

2020/02/28 08:24:08
Tweaked
I've been thinking about a new case, but not sure about the DG-8 because of size. My current case is already quite large. 
2020/03/24 21:22:01
Theohmegahz
Did the DG-8 series get discontinued? I no longer see them on EVGA's product page.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account