2016/05/29 06:44:05
the_Scarlet_one
I am making this thread as there is a lot of questions that can be answered by reading the step up page. To simplify this, I am copying and pasting them here so that hopefully your question is answered.

Everything can be found at www.evga.com/stepup

--------------------------------------------------------------

#1: STEP-UP INVENTORY - WHAT CAN I STEP-UP TO?
EVGA maintains a list of current graphics cards as well as motherboards available to Step-Up to. Products listed are mostly stock (not factory overclocked, or water cooled) due to stock limitations.

Purpose: generally speaking the cards that aren't in the step up program (special circumstances apply of course): SC, SSC, FTW, CLASSIFIED, CLASSIFIED K|NGP|N, HYDROCOPPER, HYBRID. All of these are Overclocked, custom PCB, or watercooled.

Special circumstsnces: the EVGA 970 refresh. There was some original design flaws that EVGA corrected and they added more cards than normal. This was and is very nice of them, but not required at all.

EVGA has stated that toward the end of the cards life cycle, other models like the SC and the FTW may be added to the program, so check on the list occasionally.

#2: (Reiterating again on the step page) Graphics Cards
EVGA will only release reference versions of its products, NVIDIA reference spec and clock, to the Step-Up program.

Purpose: you don't have to ask why the SC or the FTW isn't on the list. (Read #1's special circumstances for more detail)

#3: How is the upgrade for step up determined?

For GPUs, upgrade options will be shown on the Step-Up page.  Within your Step-Up options, you will need to select an available product listed on the Inventory List, which shows all graphics card EVGA is making available for the Step-Up Program. Example:

#4: The EVGA Step-Up cannot be combined with any other promotions or coupons.

Purpose: You will not get a game code with your stepup.

#5: Products must be purchased from an authorized reseller, retailer, e-tailer or distributor of EVGA products. Products purchased through unauthorized channels, such as second hand or through eBay, do not qualify for the Step-Up program. Products received free through promotion or contest do not qualify for the Step-Up program.

Purpose: obtaining someone else's original receipt does not make you the original owner, and your card can not be used for step up as it is still second hand.

(Updated 1/6/2022)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account