2016/03/28 09:54:54
Emissary_of_Pain
Greetings

I hope someone can help me (or it will cost me over $500 to RMA the card)

I have noticed that randomly the LED lighting zones on my 980Ti Kingpin will randomly "switch off" flash white and then back to the colors that I had set in Precision.  I remember reading somewhere that I could flash the card as it was a problem on the earlier cards but I cannot seem to find that post again.

Is this really the only fix ?, what could go wrong with flashing the card ?

All help would really be appreciated, sucks having this super high end card that has this really annoying issue.

Regards
2016/03/28 14:59:48
NO_sauce
I don't believe there is a vBIOS that you can flash to fix this. One thing that could go wrong is you turn your K|NGP|N into a paperweight. You might be able to RMA to EVGA EU in Germany and save some on shipping costs. supportEU@evga.com
2016/03/28 18:05:28
the_Scarlet_one
There is a firmware update listed in the Kingpin cooling forums. It will take you a bit to find the I structures on how to do it, because T|n provides so much information on those cards.

Head over to kingpincooling.com and get into the forums. Look into evga overclocking. Go into the 980ti thread, and look through the post. It will tell you exactly what you need and how to update the firmware yourself. It just requires a USB 2.0 internal cable and some time, if I am not mistaken, and then it will correct the firmware issue.
2016/03/28 20:48:52
Emissary_of_Pain
NO_sauce
I don't believe there is a vBIOS that you can flash to fix this. One thing that could go wrong is you turn your K|NGP|N into a paperweight. You might be able to RMA to EVGA EU in Germany and save some on shipping costs. 

That is what I am worried about, I really cannot afford the shipping either way although the shipping to EU is cheaper and the fear of completely bricking the card is real ... Hahahaha

Scarlet-Tech
There is a firmware update listed in the Kingpin cooling forums. It will take you a bit to find the I structures on how to do it, because T|n provides so much information on those cards.

Head over to kingpincooling.com and get into the forums. Look into evga overclocking. Go into the 980ti thread, and look through the post. It will tell you exactly what you need and how to update the firmware yourself. It just requires a USB 2.0 internal cable and some time, if I am not mistaken, and then it will correct the firmware issue.

That is the post I was talking about, and I found a link to it but when following it, it tells me it cannot find the page. Will check the forums manually for the specific post.

Thanks so much for the information :)
2016/03/28 20:50:17
the_Scarlet_one
Yes, Vince (K|ngp|n) had an issue with the forums. You can manually search and get to the post.. I found it again while on pc the other day, but have a really hard time navigating on the phone.
2019/01/21 21:03:25
dmoheban
Can someone elaborate more on this problem and where to get updated firmwares?

Thanks
2020/10/19 02:46:41
NICETOMEETYOU1101
No one continue on this thread? 

Someone could help me about my 98pti Kingpin :(

Thanks

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account