2016/03/21 08:26:46
Trapslick
/edit: if it just works on the ethernet card, thats fine. Everything else on this computer works like a dream, including the wifi adapter

Ok, so a friend wanted me to put together a build for his shop

problem is... ethernet will not work
list of things i've tried
installing the lastest bios / chipset drivers
several different ethernet drivers
disabling i217 port and trying to use the 210 (came up with no ethernet port in device manager)
reinstalling both network location awarness service (nlasvc) and base filtering engine (bfe)
fresh install of windows 4 times
TP-link ethernet card (will not show up in device manager) - TG-3468 (however, i have not tried any slot except PCIE slot 1)

Please, someone tell me i'm having a dumb moment and let me know a fix.

Build
i7-5820k with a evo 212 cooler
x99 classified eatx board
Quadro k4200
32g 2400 ram (4x8)
hyper x 240g ssd
asus dvd drive
evga 600w power supply
all in a thermaltake tower
2016/03/21 08:53:13
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum Trapslick
Which Port are you using and do you see any of the two lights flashing?

This is backwards..........
disabling i217 port and trying to use the 210 (came up with no ethernet port in device manager)
Is your Bios set this way? You can only Disable Lan 2 on this motherboard without causing other issues.
Click on image for larger view.

2016/03/21 09:19:51
Trapslick
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum

Is your Bios set this way? You can only Disable Lan 2 on this motherboard without causing other issues.

It does now, i get code 10 error in the device manager. I'm getting 1 solid light (no data light). Same is true with either of the ports.
2016/03/21 09:44:04
bcavnaugh
First Did You Change The Settings in the Bios?
If so then use the DVD that came with the Motherboard and install all the DRIVER ALL OF THEM.
You can update drivers LATER.
2016/03/21 09:51:14
Cool GTX
Trapslick
/edit: if it just works on the ethernet card, thats fine. Everything else on this computer works like a dream, including the wifi adapter

problem is... ethernet will not work

reinstalling both network location awarness service (nlasvc) and base filtering engine (bfe)
fresh install of windows 4 times
TP-link ethernet card (will not show up in device manager) - TG-3468 (however, i have not tried any slot except PCIE slot 1)

Build
i7-5820k with a evo 212 cooler
x99 classified eatx board
Quadro k4200
32g 2400 ram (4x8)
hyper x 240g ssd
asus dvd drive
evga 600w power supply
all in a thermaltake tower

Where is your GPU installed if ------ TP-link Ethernet card is in PCIe - slot 1 ?

wifi adapter ?  - What brand & model is it, where is it installed ?

What version of Windows ?
2016/03/21 09:57:34
bcavnaugh
It better be installed in Slot 1 that is next to the CPU Socket!!!
2016/03/21 10:00:35
Cool GTX
Trapslick
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum

It does now, i get code 10 error in the device manager. I'm getting 1 solid light (no data light). Same is true with either of the ports.

What color is the led ?

You have tried a different Network cable ?

Rebooted router ?
2016/03/21 10:38:33
bcavnaugh
Cool GTX
Trapslick
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum

What color is the led ?

Rebooted router ?

It may be in conflict with his Wireless Card.
2016/03/21 10:46:11
Cool GTX
bcavnaugh
Cool GTX
Trapslick
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum

What color is the led ?

Rebooted router ?

It may be in conflict with his Wireless Card.

+1
That was what I was thinking; but, OP needs to get back to us with some answers to the questions we have asked.

2016/03/21 18:47:09
Trapslick
Cool GTX
Trapslick
bcavnaugh
Welcome to the Forum

What color is the led ?

Rebooted router ?

my apologies guys, installed the drivers off the CDs and usbs stopped working inside the OS and had to fix it before work.

Rebooted router, connected my laptop to it to make sure the connection was good.
color is green
card is in PCI slot 2, was thinking that was a lot of heat in such a small area in slot 1.

how would i fix the conflict with the wireless card? i've tried unplugging the wireless card and rebooting to see if that was the issue

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account