2016/02/02 01:14:47
andy149n
Hello all! My GTX 690 is only showing 1 gpu in precision x. My nvidia control panel has no sli configuration option either. Ive tried reinstalling drivers with no luck. Aida extreme is saying SLI Status is disabled. I have no idea how to turn it back on so both gpu's in the card will work. Could the card be bad? Ive had it since 2013.  If the card is bad wouldnt it just stop working altogether? Wondering if i need to RMA it. Driver is 361.43. Please help :( Device Manager is also showing only 1 gtx 690 when before it showed 2. Ive tried hooking my monitor up to a different dvi port and it actually shows 2 690s in device manager when I do that. But when windows starts it goes into the desktop and then the screen goes blue/pink and I cant do anything.
2016/02/02 16:32:15
Sajin
Do the following to see if it helps get both gpu's back detected properly under device manager...

#1 Uninstall Precision X/Afterburner if installed, make sure to select "no" to saving profiles if asked.  Reboot the PC now if you had to uninstall PX or Afterburner.

#2 Use DDU (Display driver uninstaller) in safe mode to clean out all your nvidia drivers. Use the clean and restart (highly recommended) option.

#3 Delete video GUID's using regedit. Click the start button and type regedit and hit enter. For windows 8/10 hit the windows key + r and type in regedit and hit enter. Navigate to...
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.) 
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video (highlight the Video key and press the delete key.)
NOTE: Go to the next controlset if you don't have the others. When deleting the video key you will be prompted with an error saying "Error deleting key, Cannot delete Video: Error while deleting key." Just ignore the error and select OK, all keys within the Video key will be deleted except for ones that cannot be deleted.

#4 Reboot computer.

#5 Perform a clean installation of video drivers.
  1. Download & save graphics driver 361.75 (win 7) 361.75 (win 10) to your desktop. Run the graphics installer located on your desktop once the download is complete. 
  2. Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except the physx system software, if you have a 3D capable monitor and would like to use 3D at some point please select both 3D options, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver, reboot when asked.
#6 Check device manager to see if both gpu's are properly detected. If both gpu's are properly detected enabled sli. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account