2018/02/07 20:51:37
Graphite8five
Sajin

I asked nvidia. Still waiting on a reply.

Great, look forward to hearing. 

2018/02/09 12:43:23
Dave3d
Graphite8five
fearpoint
Having gsync enabled isn't going to break the hardware. Having gsync enabled on the desktop is immensely helpful because you can easily see tearing without it due to being able to render windows at a very high framerate. Just scrolling in a web browser can produce severe screen tearing for example. Been using gsync on the desktop since I got a display with the feature. No issues.

Most G-Sync monitors are high refresh rate. I was of the understanding that the high refresh rate provided the desktop fluidity and smoothness. I did not think that something like the browser could cause frame fluctuations on the desktop.

As long as you turn off browser hardware acceleration (in ALL browsers), and desktop acceleration/apps/windows component, you should not see any tearing. Its windows that started this with web desktop integration and windows aero >
;)
2018/02/10 15:56:10
Dave3d
Hahaha
I 'think' it is enabled, even though I turned off Gsync, and it unchecked the gsync indicator.
When I launch a game in full screen now,  it JUST started today (only some games do it, I dont know why others dont do it), it displays 'NORMAL' in the upper rightish corner.
I never had that happen before.
It HAS to be that gsync indicator.
So, 'some' part of it is still working, even though its turned off in both the monitor and the setting.
LOL
Nvidia just is starting to get lazy lazy lazy.
No competition = who cares what happens? Who are you going to use instead of nvidia?
:(
2018/02/10 22:25:19
Graphite8five
Any word back from Nvidia Sajin?
2018/02/11 13:34:10
Sajin
Graphite8five

Nope. 
2018/02/12 16:07:42
Sajin
Graphite8five

According to nvidia 390.77 doesn't cause g-sync to be active on the desktop. Can you confirm that? I'm not using driver 390.77 atm.
2018/02/12 17:49:17
Graphite8five
Sajin
Graphite8five

According to nvidia 390.77 doesn't cause g-sync to be active on the desktop. Can you confirm that? I'm not using driver 390.77 atm.

I installed 390.77 last week and I still have a red power led on the desktop. I wonder if the Nvidia control panel needs to be configured in a particular way? Did they have anything else to add?

2018/02/12 17:51:33
Sajin
Graphite8five
Did they have anything else to add?

Nope.
2018/02/12 17:59:50
Graphite8five
Hopefully someone else with 390.77 can confirm?

No change for me that I can tell. If I disable G-Sync my led goes white but as soon as I re-enable my power led goes red. 
2018/02/13 12:26:33
Dave3d
Have you tried setting the indicator in the osd to off, the starting the computer, turn off gsync indicator, shut down comp + monitor, enable the indicator in osd, then turn comp on?
Like I said, it took my computer like 4-5 times turn9ing it on and off before I even got the indicator.
Even when I disabled gsync, the 'Normal' was showing up in games, even though gsunc was turned off. BUT, that didnt start until maybe the 5th time I used my computer, so it seems to get stuck, or not tuen on, or not turn off, and then all of a sudden starts working fine.
Its weird.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account