2018/02/06 21:28:17
mike406
Graphite8five
Enable the G-Sync indicator in NV control, it will pop up on screen in game saying G-Sync is on... go to set up gsync page then the display drop down menu in menu bar.

I don't see this option in my nvidia control panel. 

Edit: Nevermind, I found it, thanks 
2018/02/06 22:24:45
Graphite8five
mike406
Graphite8five
Enable the G-Sync indicator in NV control, it will pop up on screen in game saying G-Sync is on... go to set up gsync page then the display drop down menu in menu bar.

I don't see this option in my nvidia control panel. 

Edit: Nevermind, I found it, thanks 

No problem 
2018/02/07 17:27:59
mike406
I wish the indicator had a timeout. I'd like to know when gsync turns on, but the indicator could go away after 5-10 seconds after opening a game.
2018/02/07 17:50:32
Graphite8five
mike406
I wish the indicator had a timeout. I'd like to know when gsync turns on, but the indicator could go away after 5-10 seconds after opening a game.

Yeah it stays up permanently...
2018/02/07 17:56:24
Graphite8five
@Sajin

I was thinking, even if G-Sync is enabled on the desktop is it really going to be doing anything on a static desktop? Maybe it just sits there doing nothing.. What makes you think it being active on the desktop will shorten it's lifespan?

2018/02/07 18:12:06
fearpoint
Graphite8five
@Sajin

I was thinking, even if G-Sync is enabled on the desktop is it really going to be doing anything on a static desktop? Maybe it just sits there doing nothing.. What makes you think it being active on the desktop will shorten it's lifespan?

Having gsync enabled isn't going to break the hardware. Having gsync enabled on the desktop is immensely helpful because you can easily see tearing without it due to being able to render windows at a very high framerate. Just scrolling in a web browser can produce severe screen tearing for example. Been using gsync on the desktop since I got a display with the feature. No issues.
2018/02/07 18:16:30
Sajin
Graphite8five
What makes you think it being active on the desktop will shorten it's lifespan?

Don't know if it will or not, but it use to be off on the desktop all the time before nvidia changed things. Will it actually decrease the lifespan maybe, but then again maybe not.
2018/02/07 18:20:20
Graphite8five
fearpoint

Having gsync enabled isn't going to break the hardware. Having gsync enabled on the desktop is immensely helpful because you can easily see tearing without it due to being able to render windows at a very high framerate. Just scrolling in a web browser can produce severe screen tearing for example. Been using gsync on the desktop since I got a display with the feature. No issues.

Most G-Sync monitors are high refresh rate. I was of the understanding that the high refresh rate provided the desktop fluidity and smoothness. I did not think that something like the browser could cause frame fluctuations on the desktop.
2018/02/07 18:21:54
Graphite8five
Sajin
Graphite8five

Don't know if it will or not, but it use to be off on the desktop all the time before nvidia changed things. Will it actually decrease the lifespan maybe, but then again maybe not.

That's the burning question. Why did Nvidia change this? 
2018/02/07 19:32:17
Sajin
Graphite8five
Sajin
Graphite8five

That's the burning question. Why did Nvidia change this? 

I asked nvidia. Still waiting on a reply.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account