2018/02/05 16:34:09
bcavnaugh
ty_ger07
I am so confused.

You and me both.
I broke my rig to show it works and now fixing it back as it was.
It fixed my issue when I replace my GTX 980 Cards with a Par of KP Cards.
What caused my issue in the fist place I do not know as I never had this issues in 3DMarks until after I installed the KP Cards.
Big waste of my time today.
Maybe the OP being a MOD can just delete everything as if it never happened.
2018/02/05 16:38:30
Sajin
ty_ger07
I am so confused.

Whats to be confused about? "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable doesn't disable g-sync.
2018/02/05 16:40:54
bcavnaugh
Sajin
ty_ger07
I am so confused.

Whats to be confused about? "C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable doesn't disable g-sync.

The Lord is the Lord and what he posts is the law.
I think it all has to do with the Monitor you own as well but who knows.

It would be so simple if this was still in the NVIDIA Control Panel

My Issue in the first place I think...

https://steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/144513524087796432/
how turn off g-sync?
I have new driver installed but only can find v-sync and is turn off.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223850/discussions/0/154644045358937012/
What else can trigger the new G-Sync alerts?

2018/02/05 16:49:39
Dave3d
Hmmmm.
I have an Acer XB270HU monitor.
I can either set it to Gsync mode, or ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur = its how monitors were done before gsync came out) via the monitors buttons (OSD?).
I set the monitor via monitor controls to ULMB.
I STILL have to disable Gsync every time I install a driver.
Is there any way to see if this is what has been plaguing my desktop and gameplay since the 1000 series drivers came out?
I shouldnt even have the option for gsync since its Off via the monitor itself.
Thanks.

Edit:
I still have older drivers, that has the Gsync option, but I am wondering if this has been an issue for longer than what people have seen with the latest drivers.
2018/02/05 17:06:52
Sajin
Hey bcav, this thread isn't about how to disable g-sync completely. It's about how to make g-sync stay off on the desktop only. Read the thread next time before you start posting.
2018/02/05 17:08:19
bcavnaugh
OK, I see
Before and after
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/23726854
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /enable

C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
https://www.3dmark.com/fs/14335766

Attached Image(s)

2018/02/05 17:17:44
bcavnaugh
Sajin
Hey bcav, this thread isn't about how to disable g-sync completely. It's about how to make g-sync stay off on the desktop only. Read the thread next time before you start posting.

May be this applies "G-Sync active on desktop workaround." on ASUS ROG Monitors
Because your info in the first Post did not work on my Dell Monitor(2) so I had to turn it off in the end.
Dell 27" Gaming Monitor with WQHD 2560 x 1440 Resolution (2k), 144 Hz Refresh Rate and NVIDIA G-Sync 16:9 TN Panel
Link
2018/02/05 17:24:59
Sajin
My original post is from 2015, and it did work back then. No, it doesn't apply because we want g-sync to work in games like normal, but then we want g-sync to be disabled automatically when exiting the game. That is what my original post was all about back then.
2018/02/05 17:30:33
bcavnaugh
I only posted after the 22 hours ago of the last post.
You are welcome to delete my posts as their are off Topic of the 2015 Original Post as it "doesn't apply"
Sorry for taking your post Off Topic, happens sometimes when old thread are posted to I guess.
Off on the desktop was unclear as well to me as Off only on the Desktop would have made it clear, to me the computer is the Desktop.
2018/02/05 19:59:31
Sajin
Dave3d
Hmmmm.
I have an Acer XB270HU monitor.
I can either set it to Gsync mode, or ULMB (Ultra Low Motion Blur = its how monitors were done before gsync came out) via the monitors buttons (OSD?).
I set the monitor via monitor controls to ULMB.
I STILL have to disable Gsync every time I install a driver.
Is there any way to see if this is what has been plaguing my desktop and gameplay since the 1000 series drivers came out?
I shouldnt even have the option for gsync since its Off via the monitor itself.
Thanks.

Edit:
I still have older drivers, that has the Gsync option, but I am wondering if this has been an issue for longer than what people have seen with the latest drivers.

The option will still show up even if you have it disabled via osd.

bcavnaugh 
It would be so simple if this was still in the NVIDIA Control Panel

The setup g-sync menu is still there for me on driver 390.77.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account