2018/02/05 15:43:05
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Vision Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Vision Driver.
Sorry I forgot Lord of the Forums to run the command below after I installed the 3D Vision Driver
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
2018/02/05 15:49:00
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh
I just install the 3D Vision Driver Turn It Off and then Remove the 3D Vision Driver.
Sorry I forgot Lord of the Forums to run the command below after I installed the 3D Vision Driver

What does that do bcavnaugh? I will have to try it when I return. 
2018/02/05 15:56:32
bcavnaugh
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh

What does that do bcavnaugh? I will have to try it when I return. 

Disables  G-Sync
2018/02/05 16:00:11
Graphite8five
bcavnaugh
Disables  G-Sync

Will try later. Thanks.
2018/02/05 16:02:36
bcavnaugh
Sorry I forgot one of the "
"C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /disable
2018/02/05 16:05:17
bcavnaugh
Sajin
http://www.tomshardware.c...ision-disabled-default

Faster than the steps below
This will keep you from having to disable and enable g-sync every time you enter and exit a game.

Tools needed:
Takeownership

#1 Install takeownership by running the installtakeownership.reg file.
#2 If running a sli setup make sure sli is enabled first before continueing to step #3.
#3 Open nvidia control panel and select the setup g-sync menu.
#4 Disable G-Sync then close the nvidia control panel. G-Sync should now be off on the desktop. Red light on PG278Q should now be white.
#5 Open my computer and search for nvgsyncdetours.dll. Two files should appear, delete both the files, one of the files will not delete saying you need permission to do so, to delete it simply right click it and select take ownership then try to delete it again.
#6 Delete the files from the recycle bin.
#7 Reboot PC.
#8 Enable g-sync from setup g-sync menu inside the nvidia control panel.
#9 Notice g-sync isn't active on the desktop anymore. Opening applications that use g-sync will work as normal with g-sync enabling like it should and disabling like it should when going back to the desktop when closing applications that use g-sync. No more enabling and disabling it. 

Notes for sli users: If you disable sli for any reason g-sync will become active on the desktop again. To fix this simply disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.

Other Notes: Rebooting the PC will cause g-sync to become active on the desktop again.
- How to fix for single card users after rebooting: Disable g-sync from setup g-sync menu, reboot pc, enable g-sync.
- How to fix for sli users after rebooting: Disable sli, disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.
2018/02/05 16:07:13
Sajin
bcavnaugh
Sajin
http://www.tomshardware.c...ision-disabled-default

Faster than the steps below
This will keep you from having to disable and enable g-sync every time you enter and exit a game.

Tools needed:
Takeownership

#1 Install takeownership by running the installtakeownership.reg file.
#2 If running a sli setup make sure sli is enabled first before continueing to step #3.
#3 Open nvidia control panel and select the setup g-sync menu.
#4 Disable G-Sync then close the nvidia control panel. G-Sync should now be off on the desktop. Red light on PG278Q should now be white.
#5 Open my computer and search for nvgsyncdetours.dll. Two files should appear, delete both the files, one of the files will not delete saying you need permission to do so, to delete it simply right click it and select take ownership then try to delete it again.
#6 Delete the files from the recycle bin.
#7 Reboot PC.
#8 Enable g-sync from setup g-sync menu inside the nvidia control panel.
#9 Notice g-sync isn't active on the desktop anymore. Opening applications that use g-sync will work as normal with g-sync enabling like it should and disabling like it should when going back to the desktop when closing applications that use g-sync. No more enabling and disabling it. 

Notes for sli users: If you disable sli for any reason g-sync will become active on the desktop again. To fix this simply disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.

Other Notes: Rebooting the PC will cause g-sync to become active on the desktop again.
- How to fix for single card users after rebooting: Disable g-sync from setup g-sync menu, reboot pc, enable g-sync.
- How to fix for sli users after rebooting: Disable sli, disable g-sync, enable sli, enable g-sync.

Only problem is it doesn't disable g-sync.
2018/02/05 16:09:28
bcavnaugh
See Below
2018/02/05 16:25:56
ty_ger07
I am so confused.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account