2015/06/26 14:06:36
spikerules
I would if I had one and it's not been from theack of trying. Blame EVGA for that...
2015/06/26 17:20:48
Systom
Needs more hybrids:

This is actually my first gaming rig I've ever built, any criticism/suggestions on anything? Would be appreciated.

My idea on the radiators mounting placements: Because the top is being utilized by the h100i CPU cooler, that spots out, due to spacing of the case and the CPU radiator, the back spot is out as well. Typically for most people's builds that I've seen, the GPU's are mounted on the front intake of the case with fans, but I think blowing air through the radiators and throughout the case generally makes everything in there hotter...so I decided to throw one mount on the bottom with a fan on it exhausting directly below it, and the other radiator, I removed the fan from it otherwise it would not fit in that location, and mounted it to the inner case where there is the front 140MM fan at intake. So, 140MM intake air through the radiator, and exhausting through the other radiator right below it, keeping a constant and close proximity air flow from the outside front and down and out. (case is elevated on a stand.) While the upper front 140MM fan intakes throughout the case, keeping it wide open, and exhausting out the back/upper radiator in pull config.

Testing this out on 1440p gaming with GTAV, highest temps both of my GPU's see are about 53C. (This is the same maximum temperature I'd see when I had a single card.)

(I know wire management could be a bit better, but after diving in and out of this case for the past few months going through various parts, including doing the same for a second mini-iTX build, I grew pretty weary of tearing everything apart again...needs a break. Same goes for lighting, I'm using an LED stick that was given to me, whereas I think I could do a better job using LED strips throughout instead.)
2015/06/26 19:08:19
Zordrack
Here's my new sli 980ti hydro copper. I didn't know the entire block light up I think it look awesome.

My oc

Attached Image(s)

2015/06/26 20:16:52
Zordrack
Systom
Needs more hybrids:

This is actually my first gaming rig I've ever built, any criticism/suggestions on anything? Would be appreciated.

My idea on the radiators mounting placements: Because the top is being utilized by the h100i CPU cooler, that spots out, due to spacing of the case and the CPU radiator, the back spot is out as well. Typically for most people's builds that I've seen, the GPU's are mounted on the front intake of the case with fans, but I think blowing air through the radiators and throughout the case generally makes everything in there hotter...so I decided to throw one mount on the bottom with a fan on it exhausting directly below it, and the other radiator, I removed the fan from it otherwise it would not fit in that location, and mounted it to the inner case where there is the front 140MM fan at intake. So, 140MM intake air through the radiator, and exhausting through the other radiator right below it, keeping a constant and close proximity air flow from the outside front and down and out. (case is elevated on a stand.) While the upper front 140MM fan intakes throughout the case, keeping it wide open, and exhausting out the back/upper radiator in pull config.

Testing this out on 1440p gaming with GTAV, highest temps both of my GPU's see are about 53C. (This is the same maximum temperature I'd see when I had a single card.)

(I know wire management could be a bit better, but after diving in and out of this case for the past few months going through various parts, including doing the same for a second mini-iTX build, I grew pretty weary of tearing everything apart again...needs a break. Same goes for lighting, I'm using an LED stick that was given to me, whereas I think I could do a better job using LED strips throughout instead.)

Cross that bridge why not going for a full custom loop. This would have gave you more options to place everything the way you want it to be.
2015/06/26 20:27:50
Kramps
Great stuff guys!
2015/06/26 20:34:23
AMP_US
Systom
Needs more hybrids:

I have that same PSU. Have you run into any issues with it not delivering enough power with SLI 980 ti's?
2015/06/26 21:34:32
Systom
Zordrack
Cross that bridge why not going for a full custom loop. This would have gave you more options to place everything the way you want it to be.

I've thought about it and it does look fun/cool, but as I said, this was literally my first gaming rig build ever, something I've been wanting to do for years now, so, I played it safe instead when I saw these hybrid options coming out. I'll probably go the custom route in the future for sure, granted it'll be years before I upgrade completely after this.

AMP_US
I have that same PSU. Have you run into any issues with it not delivering enough power with SLI 980 ti's?

I've only been running this setup for a couple of days now, had a few not very long gaming sessions playing GTAV, replaying original Crysis, catching up with Batman Arkham Origins, and have not run into any problems yet. Time'll tell, let alone testing with afterburner to verify, and eventually OCing etc.
2015/06/26 23:55:43
yapchagi
Brian Walker
Sorry, had to re post 

Very nice cable management!
2015/06/27 09:56:31
marcinnov
mokkema

Is this the same spray?

Attached Image(s)

2015/06/28 09:55:49
evh19781984
wow some of you guys have really clean looking rigs??
how the hell did you manage to hide the PSU cables?
a few of these pics have me scratching my head in disbelief on how "clean"  or "organized"
the insides look?
I have a EVGA Supenova G2 750 watt PSU but the cant seem to hide the cables?
like this one looks really great even though i can see the psu cables he did a amazing job at 
channeling them

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account