2015/06/20 23:15:38
mokkema
Mikemk__
It's a neat idea, does it void warranty?

Nah, it's just cosmetic changes. If I were to send it into EVGA for warranty work, I'm sure they'd charge me for the fan shroud/cooler, but I have a way around that too...

If I am unfortunate enough to need to use my warranty in the next 3 years, I'll just do a cross-ship RMA (where they send you the replacement first). Once the replacement arrives, I'll swap the coolers, and send my defective card back. No difference to EVGA, and I keep my beautiful custom shroud. :)
2015/06/20 23:35:09
yapchagi
mokkema

Here's an album with some better pictures of the paint job before and after reassembly: http://imgur.com/a/81eYE

amazing! that looks like Titan X.
2015/06/21 00:26:11
I-Siamak-I
mokkema
AMP_US
Wow, that is a great look. I may have to experiment with that rustoleum look though, very nice. I am considering taking the Hybrid model housing to a local machine shop and using their 3D scanner and printer to create a shell I can custom paint (so I don't void my warranty and I get multiple tries to get the look right). I was planning on a liquid metal and carbon fiber look. I think the texture of the rustoleum would go well with that.

Thank you very much. I'm very satisfied with the mod myself, I think they turned out exactly as I had hoped. 

Here's an album with some better pictures of the paint job before and after reassembly: 

I-Siamak-I

cool, that was very helpful. thank you my man.

You're welcome, happy to help. 

My dear lord that is just amazing paint job. I tried painting my game consoles in the past with spray paint and it came up horrible. may I ask how many coat of spray you used? how long you waited between each coat?
2015/06/21 07:09:35
AMP_US
I-Siamak-I
mokkema
AMP_US
Wow, that is a great look. I may have to experiment with that rustoleum look though, very nice. I am considering taking the Hybrid model housing to a local machine shop and using their 3D scanner and printer to create a shell I can custom paint (so I don't void my warranty and I get multiple tries to get the look right). I was planning on a liquid metal and carbon fiber look. I think the texture of the rustoleum would go well with that.

Thank you very much. I'm very satisfied with the mod myself, I think they turned out exactly as I had hoped. 

Here's an album with some better pictures of the paint job before and after reassembly: 

I-Siamak-I

cool, that was very helpful. thank you my man.

You're welcome, happy to help. 

My dear lord that is just amazing paint job. I tried painting my game consoles in the past with spray paint and it came up horrible. may I ask how many coat of spray you used? how long you waited between each coat?

If you aren't having luck with paint, try adhesive vinyl. Far less mess and madness.
2015/06/21 07:24:13
mokkema
I-Siamak-I

I think I used 4 coats (3 at least). You've just gotta gauge it by what it looks like, and take your time. I waited 20-30 minutes between coats. 

Make sure your first coat is very light (so you can still see the original color), it's only meant to help subsequent coats stick to the material you're painting. The second coat might be similar, where you can still see some of the original color. Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the original color, and what you're painting, but the idea is to take your time and go slow.  

Make sure you do even coats, from a distance, and don't let the spray can sit in any one area very long. After the 3rd or 4th, you should have the entire surface evenly painted. Then maybe one more coats to ensure a good even paint job, and you're done. Very easy, really. 

If you're unsure of your skills, start by painting some junk you've got lying around the house, and see how that turns out. If you're happy with your skills on the practice pieces, then move onto the important stuff.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you've got any questions down the road. 
2015/06/22 14:38:39
EVGA_JacobF
Nice pics:

PS: Regarding the SLI Bridge, we plan to release a small color filter that will allow you to change the color of the LED on the EVGA Pro V2 bridge, so red LED can be possible :)
2015/06/22 15:39:40
Bandalo

Here's my Hydro Coppers!
2015/06/22 16:46:05
johnsutter71
Waiting to step up the 2 980's.

Attached Image(s)

2015/06/22 16:54:50
ahmed307731
Ugh
2015/06/22 23:15:52
yapchagi
EVGA_JacobF
Nice pics:

PS: Regarding the SLI Bridge, we plan to release a small color filter that will allow you to change the color of the LED on the EVGA Pro V2 bridge, so red LED can be possible :)

awesome!
So does that mean there will be different versions of the sli bridge?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account