2015/06/08 13:49:36
yingzhanshi
chizow
CoercionShaman
There is no pump head bracket.  It is a fixed unit that mounts directly to the PCB, unless I'm not understanding your question still.

It is a little confusing but there is a bracket that attaches to the coldplate.  The OEM Asetek or CoolIT does this so different mfgs can put their own fittings on, but if you look at the 8th pic in this link you can see the exact fitted plate, its the black frame that has screws that attach it:

That plate screws into the holes on the GPU PCB and is really all you would need to have a perfect AIO using any of the various coolers on the market that have the same OEM fittings.  This would also allow you to use the reference cooler/shroud since the tubes come off at a 90 degree angle on something like the H70.  Someone earlier in this thread confirmed this for me and he also has pics of his own mod.  I was hoping Corsair had a similar piece for their AIO shroud, but their bracket holes are connected to the shroud/plate.

Yes that's what em talking about. If I can find the good mounting kit for my old corsair h110, then I can modify it to a reference shroud+h110 which works the same way all these evga or corsair bracket do and it will look great. Could you please tell me who got the same mod?
2015/06/08 15:17:57
yingzhanshi
ShadowYuna
Just quick update. Due to annoying pump noise from EVGA Hyrbid Cooler I decided to modify my old Corsir H75 with Hybrid Cooler. Since they are from same OEM product it perfectly fit.

No more pump noise either on idle or full load. Also with this mod I can install 280mm rad all in one cooler to graphic card(Like H110) or 140mm rad all in one cooler(Like H90). 

I was just wondering did EVGA used cheap pump on their Hybrid Cooler? Since they are same OEM how come there is pump noise on Hybrid but no pump noise on Corsiar H75?

Hello! This is exactly what I want to build: Reference cooler + corsair h110. h110 got the same pump head as yours. So I wonder how you modify the pump head to mount on the GPU? Is there any specific kit I need? Thank you !
2015/06/08 15:33:55
Telaso
I wonder if the 980 upgrade kit would work with the 980TI.....
2015/06/08 16:21:39
CoercionShaman
Telaso
I wonder if the 980 upgrade kit would work with the 980TI.....

Discussed numerous times.  980  = Titan X = 980Ti except for the shroud having the 'appropriate' labeling.
2015/06/08 16:22:57
Telaso
I see those now. I should read before posting.

Though now I'm considering trying to do it myself, and probably destroying my card and wasting money.....
2015/06/08 16:28:42
CoercionShaman
Telaso
I see those now. I should read before posting.

Though now I'm considering trying to do it myself, and probably destroying my card and wasting money.....

It is an easy installation.  You should be fine.
2015/06/08 16:29:39
Telaso
Oh I meant doing a third party install. Getting my own cooler and creating a custom bracket for the cooler to fit the card.

I'm not afraid of putting stuff together thats meant to go together :)
2015/06/08 16:40:23
CoercionShaman
Telaso
Oh I meant doing a third party install. Getting my own cooler and creating a custom bracket for the cooler to fit the card.

I'm not afraid of putting stuff together thats not meant to go together :)

Gotcha.  Fixed it for you, then. 
2015/06/08 16:43:06
Telaso
Oh no no no. I am scared out of my mind during it. That small chance that I get it going though, that payoff.... nothing like it.

One day I'll experience what that feels like  
2015/06/08 17:01:19
Razing91
Hey, I bought a 980 hybrid today and from all the reviews ive read and these forum posts the card is suppose to be very quiet.

My card isnt, I think its the pump, but im not sure. Made a thread "980 hybrid loud? Is there a fix?" With some pictures. If any of u could help me out, id appreciate it a lot!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account