2014/12/08 10:05:11
TECH_DaveB
vsg28
Thanks for the kind words, Dave! I got a few more lined up, but really waiting for that 1600T2 to pop up. I want to do a proper write up for the 780 Ti Classified KPE also as no one in the review world has done it justice I feel. The current reviews of the 980 Classified made me sad :(

No problem, I just call it like I see it.  Yeah some classy reviews are not great as no one wants to REALLY push them, or is willing to take the time to properly tune a brink OC to see what it can really do.  Most of the people I saw to a KPE review was basically  "Yup, that's a nifty custom card alright, and I can clock higher than my others" but no one I read REALLY did it justice, thats like saying a top fuel dragster is pretty quick  :)  Looking forward to more.

2014/12/08 18:07:52
vsg28
I don't mind them not pushing it, but doing a terrible job of testing it even at stock clocks is what bothers me. The Linus review of the GTX 980 Classified was 50% ads for something else anyway, and they don't even mention the clocks achieved. Most reviewers also don't look at the sensors tab on GPU-Z which displays actual clocks, which with boost enabled BIOS, almost always goes higher than what is displayed under "Boost clock" in the main tab.

Heck, GPU-Z allows you to log max/min/avg clocks and temps with time so easily. How hard is it to use that data and map out how the card behaves exactly under load? Not to mention the testing methodology is mediocre at best anyway. But I digress here!
2015/08/07 14:22:26
Methodical2
Wow, now that was detailed.  Ironically, I've been thinking of upgrading my platform (i.e. New cpu, MB) but after much research, it seems that my 17 2600k is still a viable unit compared to the newer units out there.  I saw a statement that said, basically, forget a newer cpu, just water cool it, as that may be a better upgrade.  So, I began my quest. I don't want to go full WC (crawl before I walk) and this unit looks good for someone to build toward full water cooling.

I was about to purchase the Corsair H100i GTX and stumbled across this brand by accident.  A couple youtube videos convinced me to look further into this unit.

Big Question though.  Will this unit fit in the HAF 932 case?  Based on the measurements, it seems it should, but I noticed you said that it was bit larger than the norm.

Thanks...Al

Update:  I went ahead and bought one.
2015/08/09 16:04:45
vsg28
Just saw your post, sorry. You will have some fun with this 
2015/09/16 07:05:13
Thank you so much!  This cleared up a question I had regarding the pump fitting, I just bought the 240x kit and added that adapter for $5.  Anyway, is the other tube that is attached to the radiator itself a G 1/4 fitting?  I understand the pump fitting needs to be added, but what about the other side of the tube coming back into the radiator?  Can that fitting be replaced?  I would probably use the stock barb on it, but I'm just curious if it's like the pump side.
2015/09/19 15:30:09
wamob
I know it's quite a few months after the initial review but it still stands the test of time. Excellent detail.

You're the only one to mention the difficulty facing 2011 users. It took me some time to eventually workout and remove/install the 'washers'!

As to your recommendation about having the fans and pump on separate controllers, which PWM fan controller do you know of/recommend that has full temperature control?
2015/09/19 21:48:17
nikkocortez
Actually I literally just got done installing one for my self.... sort of.... It is working as an additional radiator and pump to my swiftech Apogee drive II and cooling two GTX titans.  I don't trust a mobo, cpu, and two GPUs to a single pump so I was looking for exactly what the H220-X has with additional rad space and a 2nd pump to compliment the Apogee Drive.

It seems to be working great for my application even though that it leaves me with yet another darn CPU block to dispose of.  It's been running for a few hours now.

Used a metric crap ton of Koolance valved quick disconnects so the GPU's and the loop for that matter is pretty modular.  I can remove one or both GPUs from the loop with out the need for repriming.  There is even a way to add an external set of radiators if I feel like being stupid using the two Alphacool 560's i have.  

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account