• General Discussion
  • New Mining Team for BOINC Coin or (Indirect) money generating called Mining@EVGA (p.3)
2015/03/23 23:06:56
devlin85
lol.. Tip: grammar, we speek like yodah.. ****!!!! 

2015/03/24 09:27:02
bcavnaugh
I had the virus issue from day one and I thought that you were the one who told us about it.
But that was the only way to run cgminer.exe
Both Folders need to be allowed to run cgminer.exe or not to allow your virus software from scanning.
C:\ProgramData\BOINC\projects\www.bitcoinutopia.net_bitcoinutopia
C:\ProgramData\BOINC\slots
2015/03/26 13:07:18
devlin85
I do have all the folders marked as ignore, and even went so far to have avg temporarily disabled.. noticed it wasn't processing again, AVG red flagged cgminer DESPITE BEING DISABLED!! I don't know what's going on anymore... I'm just uninstalling it... AVG used to be the one that never had problems, now it's every day..
2015/03/26 13:22:31
bcavnaugh
I if recall their is info on their Forum Site about AVG, I think they listed a fix for it.
I use MacAfee myself.
2015/03/28 13:44:10
devlin85
I think i'll switch to bitdefender or something (I despise mcafee with a passion), if we're talking paid-for antivirus/firewalls I usually go with zonelabs, but for freebies AVG usually does the trick.. it's an old xp machine with 1GB of memory and a GTX 760 SC chugging away .. Although that's still not as funny as my micro-ATX Athlon 64 5000+ setup with a 650 ti on it.. (that little puppy has earned 26 million points

but for a few days I'm gonna test my p2pools I'm setting up -> (Link deleted/No longer good) Gotta revive some of these dead alt-coins..
2015/03/28 13:49:11
bcavnaugh
devlin85
I think i'll switch to bitdefender or something (I despise mcafee with a passion), if we're talking paid-for antivirus/firewalls I usually go with zonelabs, but for freebies AVG usually does the trick.. it's an old xp machine with 1GB of memory and a GTX 760 SC chugging away .. Although that's still not as funny as my micro-ATX Athlon 64 5000+ setup with a 650 ti on it.. (that little puppy has earned 26 million points

but for a few days I'm gonna test my p2pools I'm setting up ->(Link deleted/No longer good) Gotta revive some of these dead alt-coins..

Take a look at Professional version of Spybot - Search & Destroy $26.00 Safer-Networking Ltd.
This is what I put on my new laptop today. + MacAfee and SpywareBlaster
2015/03/28 15:52:38
devlin85
I like spybot, but not enough to pay for their advanced features.. everything gets too intrusive on your system resources and page loads and downloads drop in speed.. Especially when your system is already maxed doing boinc  lol.. But if it's a portable device going onto unprotected networks.. load that up!!! load everything up 

I'm gonna give 360 security a try (http://www.360totalsecurity.com/en/) and it's all free supposedly.. There's also one that free antivirus only. 

**Update: I like the 360 total security, just make sure you don't let it remove boinc or Efmer boinc tasks/temp control from startup.. it doesn't know what they are, and man are they system hogs 
2015/04/28 12:19:51
bcavnaugh
Team Badges are on the rise once more team.
New are Free-DC (Campaign #12) and the Campaign Milkyway (Campaign #3) is back.
2015/08/29 12:13:34
bcavnaugh
I Am Back in the Game This Week.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account