2014/08/09 16:14:38
hellojustinr
Been looking everywhere for a UEFI BIOS for my GTX 680, need it for my UEFI motherboard (Asus Sabertooth). It doesn't fill the screen all the way when I use the UEFI menu and when using the Clover EFI bootloader and I believe it has something to do with the GPU as using my integrated graphics fills the screen just fine.

Saw that there's actually an EVGA UEFI BIOS going around but most of the replies involve contacting EVGA and those posts were one year ago (june 2013)

Anyone still have that UEFI BIOS? 
2014/08/09 19:47:49
Gomez99
You will have to contact EVGA directly
2014/08/09 23:38:09
SpenserA
Register the card to your account, email in your request and include your serial number to confirm it is for the correct card, and we can send you the UEFI update.
2014/08/11 10:23:32
Sprinx
What they said.

I received mine pretty quickly, and it updated without a hitch. I turned off CSM in the ASUS motherboard firmware, and now it's using Windows 8 secure boot without any problems.
2014/09/08 15:39:02
rsbrownjr
Who do we email?  I have two GTX 680 Classifieds that I am now using with a UEFI motherboard and would also like to turn off CSM.

Edit:  Nevermind.  I followed the support links at EVGA's site and submitted a ticket.  That should do it.
2014/09/09 03:15:27
rsbrownjr
I need a BIOS update for both of my GTX 680 Classified video cards so I can disable CSM in the UEFI BIOS of my mother board.  This results in much faster boot times.  Maybe I wasn't clear in my email to EVGA.  Here's the response I got from the EVGA Tech:

Hello,
I do apologize for the inconvenience, but a bios update is not needed in order to deactivate the csm within your bios. To enable csm a bios is needed what I would recommend is taking your gpu out and try disabling the csm option. Is there any way that you can use your on board video or an alternate gpu to commence this step? 
Regards,
EVGA Support
2014/09/11 18:19:52
_JamesR
Basically, the BIOS update allows you to turn on Secure Boot/CSM without encountering any issues from within Windows 8. If you're just looking to disable Secure Boot/CSM, then you won't need the BIOS update, as you're disabling the function it was intended to work with.
2014/09/17 03:04:50
rsbrownjr
James, it's just the opposite.  I want secure boot and no CSM.  CSM deals with legacy BIOS items.  If I update my GTX 680 BIOS to a UEFI GOP, then I can disable CSM and my machine boots in about 7 or 8 seconds.

BTW, I did receive, via email, a BIOS update for my GTX 680 cards.  Works perfectly now.  Thank you, EVGA.

Now, it's time for a couple Maxwell cards in this rig.  The GTX 680 card I am using in my X79 rig is temporary.  I want two GTX 980 cards (preferably customized ones like, say, a Classified version).  Waiting to see what EVGA puts out for us.  Then the GTX 680 goes back into the X58 rig.

Geez, now we've got X99 out.  I have to find another place in the house for one. 
2018/06/25 00:07:52
Lestatt1
Wow, just spent an hour trying to get this damn uefi bios mailed to me, they said they can't mail it out because antivirus eats it up. Never again am I buying evga. So pissed off
2018/06/26 10:49:41
EVGATech_AdamB
Lestatt1
Wow, just spent an hour trying to get this damn uefi bios mailed to me, they said they can't mail it out because antivirus eats it up. Never again am I buying evga. So pissed off

Hello Lestatt1! I am sorry that you have had difficulty with obtaining a UEFI BIOS. I will be e-mailing you directly to help with providing you the BIOS files. Please check your e-mail inbox shortly.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account