• EVGA Power Supplies
  • Individually Sleeved Cables for EVGA G5/G2/G3/GM/GP/PQ/P2/T2 Power Supplies (p.29)
2020/07/10 16:53:52
Sajin
No problem.
2020/07/15 17:40:08
davew277
merrick97
DO these come with cable combs like this?

kostacurtas
Is there any compatible comb set for the 750-850 G2/G3/P2/T2 Power Supply Cable Set?

Do we know what is the width of the cables in this set?

I haven't received the sleeved cables for my G3 yet. But from what I gather while searching for comb options the mobo/atx power connector has wires with 2 different diameters making any currently available comb options flawed since the combs are either too tight and break on the bigger wires or they are too loose on the smaller wires. I don't understand why EVGA wouldn't offer a solution to this, but whatever.

Since the cables were only $40, are a lot cheaper than the alternatives and I have more confidence in their reliability I went with the EVGA option. I've read reviews from people using other options that had problems ranging from crossed wires to spliced cables to smoke coming out of their case. I don't want to worry about potential issues with my power cables and possibly damaging any of my hardware. I also don't want to use extensions...

I've decided to lace my cables since I have nothing but time right now. I can lace all of my cables for less than $5 worth of thread. Combs cost a lot more than that. If you're interested then Google "psu cable lacing" or "psu cable sewing" and watch the videos. I've seen at least 3 different videos on it. I personally think it looks better than combs as well. But it does take some time to do and the appearance will come down to how well you do it. I also read a detailed tutorial on another forum. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to other forums though.

2020/09/21 07:48:53
gravedigger78
On the all black sleeved cables designated version 2, can the CPU cables be split? I have a 8 pin and a 4 pin on my motherboard. Also what is the difference between V1 and V2 for the cable sets? Thanks in advance.
2020/09/21 16:56:40
EVGA_Lee
gravedigger78
On the all black sleeved cables designated version 2, can the CPU cables be split? I have a 8 pin and a 4 pin on my motherboard. Also what is the difference between V1 and V2 for the cable sets? Thanks in advance.

By split, if you mean are they 4+4, I believe the answer is "no."  They are straight 8pin to 8pin cables.

V2 is really just a spare set of cables left over from a project we worked on with NVIDIA.  Because they requested very specific cables and cable lengths for a specific build design, the V2 version is a bit of an odd bird.  Please check the cable lengths carefully for each cable before you purchase them.  V2 really means more of an alternate version, rather than an upgrade.
2020/09/22 13:29:54
mistermister
Can anyone please confirm the number of 8-pin PCIE cables which come in this set? The wording under specs leads me to believe there are eight (?) 8-pin cables but that seems a little excessive. I just want to make sure Id have enough to run a new 3080/3090 with 2 or 3 8-pin connections. Also is this available in black? I didn't see that option on the webstore. 

https://www.evga.com/prod...aspx?pn=100-G2-13RR-B9
2020/09/22 13:31:09
Sajin
mistermister
Can anyone please confirm the number of 8-pin PCIE cables which come in this set? The wording under specs leads me to believe there are eight (?) 8-pin cables but that seems a little excessive. I just want to make sure Id have enough to run a new 3080/3090 with 2 or 3 8-pin connections. Also is this available in black? I didn't see that option on the webstore. 

https://www.evga.com/prod...aspx?pn=100-G2-13RR-B9

8x 8pin (6+2)
2020/09/22 13:32:56
mistermister
Sajin

8x 8pin (6+2)

Yes that's how I read it initially. Well then, it looks like I'd have quite a few extra cables! Not bad for the cost. 
2020/09/22 13:43:19
EVGA_Lee
6 Cables, 8 Connectors.

4 of the cables are single 6+2 PCIe, and the other 2 cables have 2x 6+2 PCIe.

Which power supply do you have?
2020/09/22 13:47:08
mistermister
EVGATech_LeeM
6 Cables, 8 Connectors.

4 of the cables are single 6+2 PCIe, and the other 2 cables have 2x 6+2 PCIe.

Which power supply do you have?

EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 Plus Gold
2020/09/22 13:53:19
EVGA_Lee
Hmm.  Really, the only set on EVGA.com we have that would be black and have at least 3x 8pin connectors is this one:  https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-NK-1601-B9

It's far from an ideal set due the rather strange lengths and composition of the set. 

The black set can be found on Amazon, but it's a bit more expensive:  https://www.amazon.com/EVGA-100-CR-1300-B9-Supply-Individually-Sleeved/dp/B00KVLCUUQ/

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account