• EVGA Power Supplies
  • Individually Sleeved Cables for EVGA G5/G2/G3/GM/GP/PQ/P2/T2 Power Supplies (p.26)
2018/09/04 10:54:22
Vlada011
EVGATech_LeeM
Vlada011
I see now EVGA have 2 different Black Sleeve Set, other is Version 2.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-NK-1601-B9
https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-CK-1300-B9

What's difference between them?
Size, different cables in pack, what else?
No more 8+6 pin, only separate 8pin and 6 pin.

Hi Vlada,

The Version 2 were sets that we originally created for a joint product with a third-party, which was ultimately cancelled.  There are some obvious differences between the two cable sets, but the Version 2 may be something that customers using a smaller system or carefully designed system might use, given the different cable lengths.  There is nothing electrically different between the cable sets, but you should carefully check the measurements before buying them, as noted in the Overview.

Thank you on answer.
I'm very satisfied with my original kit.
2018/09/07 20:19:54
Nutts
I want to do my own cables Reused from my supply. But have not found the right para cord / prices
any one have any idea's ? To where I can go to get supply's that do not cost so much?
2018/10/11 12:11:27
Lutfij
Hi there!

I'm a long time user of EVGA products but this is the first time I've decided to post and ask :)
I was wondering, the SFX range of GM PSU's, would they accept the individually sleeved cable sets? I will be investing in an SFX for my Compact Splash projects for which I will need the shortest cables possible.
2018/10/11 12:24:32
EVGA_Lee
Lutfij
Hi there!

I'm a long time user of EVGA products but this is the first time I've decided to post and ask :)
I was wondering, the SFX range of GM PSU's, would they accept the individually sleeved cable sets? I will be investing in an SFX for my Compact SPlash projects for which I will need the shortest cables possible.

Hi Lutfij,

The GM power supplies do, in fact, work with most of the Individually Sleeved Cable sets, and have been added to both the name and compatibility list for the cable sets.
2018/10/11 12:32:20
Lutfij
Hey EVGATech_LeeM,
Thank you for the prompt response ;)

When you mention, most, which ones can I look forward to when bundling/making a purchase with the SFX PSU? Asking just in case. I've looked through the compatibility tab for the SFX PSU's when viewing the shopping section but I guess being double/triple sure can't hurt.
2018/10/11 13:42:27
EVGA_Lee
Lutfij
Hey EVGATech_LeeM,
Thank you for the prompt response ;)

When you mention, most, which ones can I look forward to when bundling/making a purchase with the SFX PSU? Asking just in case. I've looked through the compatibility tab for the SFX PSU's when viewing the shopping section but I guess being double/triple sure can't hurt.

I say "most", because we still sell some cable sets for GS/PS and G1 (not GP, or G1+) power supplies, which are not compatible.  If you look at the name of any of the cable sets, any compatible series of power supplies are listed in the name.  Example:  EVGA G2/G3/GM/GP/PQ/P2/T2 Power Supplies.
2018/10/11 14:56:43
Lutfij

Noted and following advice. Thank you for the prompt response, as always!
2018/10/17 14:30:44
mron0903
Is there a cable set that is compatible with a B3 650 psu? Thanks!
2018/10/17 14:37:04
Sajin
mron0903
Is there a cable set that is compatible with a B3 650 psu? Thanks!

https://www.evga.com/supp...mmain.aspx?faqid=59698
2018/12/12 08:51:22
transdogmifier
I don't mind the look of the cables that come with the unit....but I do mind the lack of length...sometimes I can't easily reach a spot in the case because the cable is about 2 inches too short.....I *CAN* make it, but it's stretched and extremely tight.....if I had 2 or 3 more inches on the cable it would be perfect.

*shrug* maybe it's just me, but I would like longer cable lengths available to purchase ......

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account