2020/03/29 16:42:08
kronophormen
Nope, I'm currently using the precision X1, which is the replacement of the precision X OC. I tried to find some guides related to this GPU but i couldn't find none.
2020/03/30 10:00:31
Cool GTX
kronophormen
Nope, I'm currently using the precision X1, which is the replacement of the precision X OC. I tried to find some guides related to this GPU but i couldn't find none.

web search: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX & OC guide   -or-  EVGA GTX 780 & OC guide

EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX review - Overclocking the ... 

[Official] NVIDIA GTX 780 Owner's Club - Overclock.net ...

Basic Steps ---> Keep it Cold as possible --> cold room, case fans @ 100%

As always there is no guarantee it will OC past factory specs.

With the OC software, adjust and Test and repeat --- small steps

Make sure your MB, CPU, RAM are stable First

1) slide the Power and Temp Target full right

2) Run baseline benchmark software Fire Strike or Heaven

3) Set custom fan curve, so that GPU Temp in C +10 = Fan %   50C temp = 60% fan (or evem more like +20)

4a) Increase your GPU Clock in small amounts maybe 100 MHz, then follow 50 MHz steps till unstable and back up in 25 MHz steps till stable

4b) Increase voltage and see if stable OC is higher

5) Take Max stable GPU MHz and reduce by 10% for stability

6) Repeat with RAM OC with GPU already OC

7) Heat matters on the GPU, if your RAM OC causes too much heat the GPU will slow.  Better to have max GPU clock than RAM clock

8) Benchmark software is synthetic, your favorite game may need different setting to be stable

More Voltage = More Heat

If your GPU heats up with longer term use - several hours of gaming or Folding -- then you have to cool it better or reduce the OC or Voltage because GPU MHz speed is King

Sorry to say that I do not have the "magic numbers" ----- it is an adjust & test situation -- "silicon lottery"

-- GPU can all be different, and the rest of your system does make a difference

Temps Matter - Room & GPU are related  DeltaT -- the difference in Temp is what we look at

Have FUN with your OC adventure 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account