2013/07/29 19:34:02
fzq5p0
The motherboard is still in a boot loop, and it won't even allow me to get to the BIOS settings.  The MB codes cycle from F3-F6-F3-68 and the system turns itself off and repeats the same cycle of codes.  Each cycle takes less than five seconds.  So far, I have replaced the power supply with a brand new EVGA 1300 Watt PSU, but the same problem remains.  I have pulled out all of the RAM DIMMs and then just installed one DIMM into DIMM Slot #1.  I have tried each RAM DIMM in slot one, but the same results.  I have tried using a completely different set of RAM from a different manufacturer, but the same problem persists.  I have removed all of the HDDs, USB ports, and even the cooling fans to reduce the config to a bare minimum, but the problem still persists.  I have also removed and reseated the processor, but the problem still persists.  I have removed the MB from the computer case and run the MB on cardboard, outside of the computer case, but the same problem persists.  I don't know what else to try here.  Please advise.
2013/07/29 20:13:24
delta7
fzq5p0

The motherboard is still in a boot loop, and it won't even allow me to get to the BIOS settings.  The MB codes cycle from F3-F6-F3-68 and the system turns itself off and repeats the same cycle of codes.  Each cycle takes less than five seconds.  So far, I have replaced the power supply with a brand new EVGA 1300 Watt PSU, but the same problem remains.  I have pulled out all of the RAM DIMMs and then just installed one DIMM into DIMM Slot #1.  I have tried each RAM DIMM in slot one, but the same results.  I have tried using a completely different set of RAM from a different manufacturer, but the same problem persists.  I have removed all of the HDDs, USB ports, and even the cooling fans to reduce the config to a bare minimum, but the problem still persists.  I have also removed and reseated the processor, but the problem still persists.  I have removed the MB from the computer case and run the MB on cardboard, outside of the computer case, but the same problem persists.  I don't know what else to try here.  Please advise.

So can we assume you have pulled out the cmos battery and reset the cmos? If so try 1 ram in different dimm slots.
2013/07/29 20:18:25
KMoore4318
F3 is not seeing the first memory bank, F6 the second, check that your cooler is not too tight, that there is no FOD in the memory slots, and that you did not bend a cpu pin, Too much presure on the cooler can cause this, as it cocks the cpu and prevents pin contact.
2013/07/29 22:45:28
tom256
I have same problem. After power off computer on PSU (all LEDs are off) it's starting. But after reset, or power off (soft) it's constantly reset at 68.
Mobo is EVGA Classified E760.
I change RAM, PSU, GFX, HDD, CPU, cooling ......  just all.
2013/07/29 23:31:45
rjohnson11
Contact EVGA tech support

tom256

I have same problem. After power off computer on PSU (all LEDs are off) it's starting. But after reset, or power off (soft) it's constantly reset at 68.
Mobo is EVGA Classified E760.
I change RAM, PSU, GFX, HDD, CPU, cooling ......  just all.

2013/07/30 12:14:26
Gomez99
Ok so this is what I want you to do. Pull everything from the board(CpU, ram, CMoS battery). And leave it overnight. In the morning come back and put it together again. See if it still boot loops
2013/07/30 16:47:39
Zaxis
I have the same problem here. I have had my x58 le sli running since 2009 with only a graphics card replacement.  From the research I've done and continue to do it seems to be a common problem with these boards and they are just starting to fail.  I am in the process of trying to figure out what replacement board to get.  Let us know if anything helps but from what I've read people have changed out everything without much luck,
2013/07/31 00:28:30
rjohnson11
If your motherboards are within warranty then please submit an RMA
2013/07/31 00:46:53
fusionssl
try restarting without any hdd's or ssd's connected. If that works enter bios and re enter your settings before restarting with your drives plugged back in
2013/08/07 05:26:19
Dragon1976
Not sure what the rules are, but I have the same issue, been getting BSOD's lately, I've had freezing screens a lot in the past few weeks and sometimes the PC will not respond to reset button or power shut down button on the FRONT of the PC case, where I would have to hard shut down the PC via the powersupply...It froze the other day and has been in a reboot loop ever since.. I tried resetting the CMOS but that just made it do a faster reboot, never gets to BIOS screen.. only change is the new GTX 680 about a year ago, other-wise the build has been running pretty good since 2009. I do have the A1 version of the 3x SLI MB.. but I moved to Texas from Michigan and I won't likely be able to find the invoice anytime soon as I have stuff in storage, etc..  don't want to send in the board if it's not the board.. tried moving ram to various slots and using various sticks no change.. pulled cpu & cooler, no change... should I RMA or pay $ for a Power Supply Test?  I bought my Board from Newegg.com

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account