2013/04/22 20:28:37
HOT POCKET
It comes with the DVI Cable. Mine did
2013/04/22 20:35:54
Zuhl3156
It looks like I'll have a spare cable since I'm too lazy to turn my PC back on to cancel the order. lol
2013/04/22 20:46:46
dbkams
Zuhl3156

I never liked v-sync, adaptive or otherwise. It always made the game feel sluggish when responding to keyboard or mouse input. Maybe it will be better with a higher refresh rate. I will have to check it out if I get any kind of screen tearing.

vsync on high refresh rate screens has next to zero lag/delay :) after going 120hz everything i play gets adaptive vsync
2013/04/23 07:45:15
Zuhl3156
dbkams

Zuhl3156

I never liked v-sync, adaptive or otherwise. It always made the game feel sluggish when responding to keyboard or mouse input. Maybe it will be better with a higher refresh rate. I will have to check it out if I get any kind of screen tearing.

vsync on high refresh rate screens has next to zero lag/delay :) after going 120hz everything i play gets adaptive vsync

It will arrive tomorrow sometime. I might see how it does with a single 680 since SLI has been nothing but headaches for me. I know what each board will OC to running by itself but together I can't run stable at anywhere near their abilities. I know that my 'vanilla' 680 will boost +125-130 and run stable all day long but in SLI I can't even keep it stable at +85-90.
2013/04/23 08:12:48
Baltothewolf
Zuhl3156

dbkams

Zuhl3156

It will arrive tomorrow sometime. I might see how it does with a single 680 since SLI has been nothing but headaches for me. I know what each board will OC to running by itself but together I can't run stable at anywhere near their abilities. I know that my 'vanilla' 680 will boost +125-130 and run stable all day long but in SLI I can't even keep it stable at +85-90.

That's probably due to bad power distribution on your PSU's part tbh. I'm not saying your PSU is bad, just saying that under a heavier load it's not giving out even, clean power to everything. It would explain it.
2013/04/23 08:25:45
Zuhl3156
It is a single rail design so I don't think there is any real power distribution. My old PSU was a Silencer 910 that had zero problems with a pair of GTX-570 sc boards. I only really upgraded my PSU to 1200w because it was white and it looks really nice in this Stryker case.

2013/04/23 12:43:40
NemesisChild
Unusual reason for choosing a PSU, but it does look good in your case.
One thing that I noticed, you have the PSU fan facing up and not down?
2013/04/23 12:54:07
Zuhl3156
Yeah, I decided on up to keep it from sucking dust out of the carpet.

I had been looking at that PSU for a while but I didn't like the white color. When I got a deal on the Stryker case I thought it was a perfect match. This is the third PC Power & Cooling unit that I've owned and I haven't been disappointed by any of them. My first was a Silencer 750 that is still going strong in a PC that I'd built for my nephew. The Silencer 910 was my second and really didn't need replacing and is sitting in a closet in case I need it for something. I also decided that having the fan facing up would help to draw air through the case.
2013/04/24 11:13:46
Zuhl3156
BioHazardSperm

im right on the edge of buying this also,my poor QX9770 @4.0 :(

Wow! It got here around 1:45 and it looks totally awesome! Not one dead pixel and no backlight bleed. This is my third ASUS monitor and I am speechless. They say,"Good things happen in threes". The bad news is the cable they sent is only 5 ft long. It's a good thing I didn't cancel that other cable that I ordered. Things are a bit cramped until I can move the monitor back some more. I haven't tried any games yet. I'm still too stunned. 
2013/04/24 11:30:58
BioHazardSperm
nice post some pics if you can

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account