• Crunching@EVGA
  • Welcome all new members to Crunching@EVGA! *Please report in* (p.2)
2012/12/21 21:52:19
RHMash
I'll be jumping back on it in a few days....  Been focusing on the WCG Christmas challenge.  It was our first challenge as a team, we set the bar pretty high, finishing 3rd with a much smaller team.  So far this year, we've been in 2nd from the start and have been pretty close to the 1st team in daily numbers....  In the next few days, I suspect everyone's focus will spread out more from WCG to other projects again.  I'll be there with my 460 and 4 threads on my 920....
2012/12/22 08:05:23
Col323
Welcome, carldxpc!  You have been tearing it up and gaining the team quite a few places.    There's not a ton of dnet specific talk in the forum, although from time to time it will pop up in the "Plundering the DC Vault" thread.

That's some very useful info you posted.  I'll have to look at getting the OpenCL prerelease client, as I did try to benchmark a 7770 and it immediately threw an error and reset the card.

I'm like you, I cut my teeth on RC5 back in 2000 and then have participated in OGR-24 and on up.  I like the definite endpoint of OGR, plus I think the math discoveries are useful - even in the biomedical field.  I love the client, it's like Boinc before Boinc.  And there are still things which I think are easier to do with the dnet client.   As usual for me, there are too many projects and not enough hardware.  (But what is enough hardware?  )
2012/12/22 15:33:41
carldxpc
I posted screenshots of my "RC5 comeback" in TechIMO's DC forum.  Also there's more info on OGR, like some screenshots of outputs.

On my old home at Xtremepccentral's DC forum there's all kinds of info.   Win2kuser even went as far as making a software RC5 client tracker, and I think it may even still work.    He also did a daily stats for some time before realizing it was just  Cwizard and me running the clients still.  

I did try Rosetta for a little bit, and even Seti.  Seti got me started in the madness, and I remember it taking 2 to 3 days for each WU on my Pentium III 933.  

I'll look into DCvault challenges in the next year.  
2012/12/23 07:11:39
Viper97
Welcome carldxpc!  Nice to have new blood aboard.  Hope you find your stay here fruitful and fun.
2012/12/24 07:56:47
Col323
I checked out your TechIMO post, love the screenshots!  It's amazing what 1 GPU can do.  I didn't venture much to XPC, but I used to hang out at TechIMO a lot, and even knew some of the people there from the sysopt days.  Did you ever participate in the ecc projects?  The client wasn't very robust, but it allowed for unlimited offline crunching. Add to that the fact all your points traveled with you when you moved teams and it made for some crazy times.  
2012/12/24 11:26:58
unclegregy
Hi all!  I've been folding now for about 3 years, the last year and a half with the EVGA team.  I'm looking to branch out into Crunching and was surprised/delighted to learn that EVGA also has a Crunching team.  I have not really selected a project of choice yet, although I did try for a while.  Are there certain projects where I can best help the team out rather than just doing my own thing?
2012/12/24 12:17:51
linuxrouter
unclegregy
Hi all!  I've been folding now for about 3 years, the last year and a half with the EVGA team.  I'm looking to branch out into Crunching and was surprised/delighted to learn that EVGA also has a Crunching team.  I have not really selected a project of choice yet, although I did try for a while.  Are there certain projects where I can best help the team out rather than just doing my own thing?

Hello,

Welcome and thanks for joining our team.

This site here has a listing of projects and current rankings for our team.

http://www.dc-vault.com/showteam.php?team=539

However, I personally think you should run the projects that you like the most. There are many choices out there covering a variety of different sciences. Here is a listing of BOINC projects.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Project_list

Sometimes new projects are created that do not show in the above list right away. One example is Asteroids@Home. There are also quite a few projects that run via AMD and NVIDIA GPUs.

http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/GPU_computing
2012/12/24 14:29:34
AvengingAngel
Howdy
2012/12/29 01:02:09
Ranmacanada
Well I have stopped CPU folding as the SMP work units suck.  So because of this I have moved my CPU over to asteroids@home.  My GPU is still folding away, but you get my i7 970@3.5 for crunching away at asteroid predictions!  Sadly there is no current open cl or cuda app for asteroids@home.  But time will tell!  
2012/12/29 02:02:07
Barbarossa
Welcome aboard!
If you have any questions, just holler out!

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account