2011/11/15 09:36:43
lehpron
TiN_EE
Hey, what's with all this naming, it's not SR-3. What is "3" ? :D
Board will have similar but other name.
Do you think we'll have another contest to make up a name?  I know it as SR-2's successor; many call it 3 because it is after 2.  Before Core i7, I called Bloomfield "Core 3 Quad" tentatively.

2011/11/15 09:52:50
EVGA_JacobF
Currently it is planned to be called SR-X
2011/11/15 10:23:17
justin_43
TiN_EE

Hey, what's with all this naming, it's not SR-3. What is "3" ? :D
Board will have similar but other name.

Also I don't see any problems for memory slots amount. Because of tight space constrains slave CPU have only 4 slots, but both CPUs still have fully functional quad channel. First cpu just have two dimms per each channel, as you see on pic. Still more than enough to fit 96 GB of memory

It's not a "problem" really, it just doesn't look as nice as if it had the same amount per CPU. I know some people will not care about aesthetics, but it matters to some of us.
2011/11/15 12:17:06
thegreatga
I'm looking at the picture and wondering how to power this beast, i see the 24 pin connector but also 5 additional power connectors.  I'm also wondering where all the heat is going looking at the classified board you see several heat sinks but none on this board.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was a water cooled board straight from the box being how the new chipsets are very power intensive.
2011/11/15 16:14:26
takuhari
I guess it can be called the sr3 yet being that they havent broke any records yet (super record 3)...

My biggest question is why was it moved to the sr2 link being that it is not an sr2 and it is based off the x79 platform... Evga you boob! Lol
2011/11/15 16:21:24
takuhari
@ thegreatgay... This is just the board... My guess they are creating a test bench to test the board and maybe in the precoss in creating a custom cooler in optimizing cooling efficiency
2011/11/15 16:33:22
farthestkris
EVGA_JacobF

Currently it is planned to be called SR-X

The dimms make it more like SR-Ugly. 
2011/11/15 17:09:52
moose517
thegreatga

I'm looking at the picture and wondering how to power this beast, i see the 24 pin connector but also 5 additional power connectors.  I'm also wondering where all the heat is going looking at the classified board you see several heat sinks but none on this board.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was a water cooled board straight from the box being how the new chipsets are very power intensive.

2 of those 5 are the standard 8 pin CPU, the other 2 by each CPU's main is for additional CPU power for OC'ing.  The last PCIe plug on the board is if you want to use all the PCIe slots, if you only plan to use like the top 3 then you don't need it.
2011/11/15 17:45:52
Bron-Yr-Aur
it should be called the SR-E for Super Record Epic
2011/11/15 17:59:25
takuhari
It's gotta break a record before it can be called SR-anything

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account