2020/02/05 13:46:05
sparetimepc
The bykski blocks are hard to get right now as well. I have ordered both of mine from eBay and it takes a couple weeks to get them.

https://rover.ebay.com/ro...k%2Fitm%2F113984112395
2020/02/05 13:49:12
redarman
sparetimepc
The bykski blocks are hard to get right now as well. I have ordered both of mine from eBay and it takes a couple weeks to get them.

I've priced a kingpin bykski with 5v 3-pin RGB block shipped on aliexpress for $103 but the ETA is bad since it's shipping from China and Lunar New Year is extended. Meanwhile the EK-VGA Supremacy Universal block is still in-stock in some USA sites for ~$60. I've just received my LN2 kit from EVGA :)
2020/02/05 13:56:58
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

I've priced a kingpin bykski with 5v 3-pin RGB block shipped on aliexpress for $103 but the ETA is bad since it's shipping from China and Lunar New Year is extended. Meanwhile the EK-VGA Supremacy Universal block is still in-stock in some USA sites for ~$60. I've just received my LN2 kit from EVGA :)

Well doing the EK supremacy mod is easy to do with the ln2 kit then, all you would need is the copper shim to go in the memory cold plate.
2020/02/05 14:01:55
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Well doing the EK supremacy mod is easy to do with the ln2 kit then, all you would need is the copper shim to go in the memory cold plate.

I have some amateur dremel skills so I haven't ruled out the bykski due to ETA or plastic dremeling. I was hoping you would do some heat testing between your bykski and EK mod, though it seems they must be comparable.

Actually I ordered 0.8mm thickness 15mmx15mm copper pads from amazon. I went with 0.8mm thickness because it seemed like both you and the EK supermacy guy decided it was  better but the 15x15 area seems so small. Did I misread and order the incorrect size?
2020/02/05 14:11:28
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

I have some amateur dremel skills so I haven't ruled out the bykski due to ETA or plastic dremeling. I was hoping you would do some heat testing between your bykski and EK mod, though it seems they must be comparable.

Actually I ordered 0.8mm thickness 15mmx15mm copper pads from amazon. I went with 0.8mm thickness because it seemed like both you and the EK supermacy guy decided it was  better but the 15x15 area seems so small. Did I misread and order the incorrect size?

Yeah the shim has to be like 40mm by 40mm or something like that. I have the material at home to make more, I might even have 1 more made already. I'll be home tomorrow and find out. As far as the EK supremacy guy, your probably talking about me, I had issues with my forum username and had a different username for a short period of time.
2020/02/05 14:15:27
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Yeah the shim has to be like 40mm by 40mm or something like that. I have the material at home to make more, I might even have 1 more made already. I'll be home tomorrow and find out. As far as the EK supremacy guy, your probably talking about me, I had issues with my forum username and had a different username for a short period of time.

Am I losing my mind? I thought there was you doing the bykski and EK thermosphere and then a 2nd guy doing the EK supremacy block. I guess I need to reread the 3 threads I've bookmarked to review the copper pad dimension and contributors :P
2020/02/05 14:20:02
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

Am I losing my mind? I thought there was you doing the bykski and EK thermosphere and then a 2nd guy doing the EK supremacy block. I guess I need to reread the 3 threads I've bookmarked to review the copper pad dimension and contributors :P

It was me who did the bykski block, and both the ek Thermosphere and supremacy block mods. Someone in there had asked me about the 15x15 copper as well and I told him no it wouldn't work. As I say i requested a username change from evga support and when they changed it that's when the forum name got messed up and it took them a couple weeks to get it fixed.
2020/02/05 14:25:33
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc
redarman
sparetimepc

It was me who did the bykski block, and both the ek Thermosphere and supremacy block mods. Someone in there had asked me about the 15x15 copper as well and I told him no it wouldn't work. As I say i requested a username change from evga support and when they changed it that's when the forum name got messed up and it took them a couple weeks to get it fixed.

You are THE altonadavid? By the way I've also received the amazon hardware kit you mentioned for the nuts required. I think I have everything required for the mod: nuts, wrong-sized thermal 0.8mm copper pad, plans to source bykski block or EK supremacy, EVGA LN2 kit, dremel, mx-4 paste though I guess I could go with your recommendation of TF8.
2020/02/05 14:28:27
sparetimepc
Yes I am THE altonadavid/aka/sparetimepc
I had several of the copper shims but they sold pretty quick and I had to order more material to make more of them. But i looked and i do have 1 more of the shims here already cut. 
2020/02/06 07:13:32
sparetimepc
So if you buy this block here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081H6PHYP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 it comes with the block, plugs, 5V RGB/RBW light pre-installed, light controller,  thermal pads, 2 hose fittings,  screws and everything. 
If you buy this block  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bykski-N-EV2080TIKP-X-GPU-Block-for-EVGA-RTX2080Ti-KINGPIN/113984112395?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649   it comes with the block, pads and 2 plugs and mounting hardware  only. No RGB-RBW light or controller unit or hose fittings. It needs to be purchased separately but has the links within the listing for those items. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account